"Autoshite High Mileage Club" - Memberships Available!

BorniteIdentity

Am I being very cynical re the Parks of Hamilton Skoda that photographing it sans registration number would put temptation in the way of a potential purchaser having the mileage corrected before it undergoes it's first MOT in a few weeks?

Service History can be misplaced so Shirley it could lose 350k off the milometer and no one would be any the wiser.

Nope! I also wondered why it had had its plates removed.

Ask and thou shalt receive

SJ15 XWB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw this over on FB.  324k not out is a good score.

post-19618-0-88998100-1520499935_thumb.png

There is a lovely guy over on PH called R129SL.  He is such a lovely man; he 'found' my 190 for me - and supplied many parts gratis and much advice over the years.  He has a w201, w210 (e430) and the w124 which is pictured below.

post-19618-0-05811700-1520500316_thumb.jpg

That picture was taken last week.  It's now tinkering around 370k and has had more lives than the proverbial cat.  You can read the whole thread here.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1382664&i=0

My Xsara van is just about to clock 277k this weekend. The hdi diesel has a tappet rattle at tick over but runs perfectly and doesn't use any oil. If the tappets weren't bucket and shim I'd do them. I am considering changing the injectors for a lower mileage set if they are compatible. The fuel consumption on a run is always low 40's and I'm sure it should be better than that considering the bx will do 60mpg on a run. I felt sorry for abusing it so yesterday it got clean right out and is looking nice again now. mot due in may so it will get a full service by myself in April.

My Xsara van is just about to clock 277k this weekend. The hdi diesel has a tappet rattle at tick over but runs perfectly and doesn't use any oil. If the tappets weren't bucket and shim I'd do them. I am considering changing the injectors for a lower mileage set if they are compatible. The fuel consumption on a run is always low 40's and I'm sure it should be better than that considering the bx will do 60mpg on a run. I felt sorry for abusing it so yesterday it got clean right out and is looking nice again now. mot due in may so it will get a full service by myself in April.

Assuming this is a 2.0 8v HDi, then yes, injectors are interchangeable and not coded.  Being a 2004 model it should already have the later "076" injectors fitted.

Fuel economy certainly sounds poor on yours - whilst it's hard to compare driving styles, to give you some idea, my 306 HDi (very similar to a Xsara under the skin) with over 200k on the clock routinely does 55mpg+ on a run, yet I struggle to get more than mid-high 40's from an XUDT driven in the same manner.

Assuming this is a 2.0 8v HDi, then yes, injectors are interchangeable and not coded.  Being a 2004 model it should already have the later "076" injectors fitted.

Fuel economy certainly sounds poor on yours - whilst it's hard to compare driving styles, to give you some idea, my 306 HDi (very similar to a Xsara under the skin) with over 200k on the clock routinely does 55mpg+ on a run, yet I struggle to get more than mid-high 40's from an XUDT driven in the same manner.

Yes its a 8 valve.Its a pretty light vehicle so should do more i think. Will have to check my spares engine and see what injectors are in that. Also got an EGR valve delete plate to fit when it gets warmer. I need to get my daily bx repaired so I can service this one

My 2006 grand voyager will clock over 178k tomorrow on the way back from work. I have put 38k on it in the last 4 years. My 2008 megane, which I bought new has just clocked 140k. 2nd cam belt bought and will be fitted when it is a bit warmer.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...