Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Autoshite High Mileage Club" - Memberships Available!

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#301 OFFLINE   Eyersey1234

Eyersey1234

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 50 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationEast Yorkshire

Posted Yesterday, 09:01 AM

Which engine is it 1.6 or 1.8 diesel?

1.8TDCi, one of the last lower timing chain ones. I wouldn't have touched it if it had been the 1.6TDCi

`Previous sheds

1994 Ford Fiesta Equipe

2006 Ford Fiesta Style

2005 Fiat Panda Eleganza

Current shed

2007 Ford Focus Zetec Estate

#302 OFFLINE   BorniteIdentity

BorniteIdentity

Dangly Mirrored Sierra Saviour of the year!

• Full Members
  • 4,179 posts
  • 52 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 09:30 AM

Unless I've missed a thread, we're devoid of a place for obligatory speedometer photos featuring nice round, high numbers.

Seeing as my trusty Avensis ticked over 200,000 miles today - let's see some current and past 'High Milers'.

We could get a limited run of badges/stickers done too if there's any interest? Bronze for 200k, Silver for 300k and Gold for the big Five Oh Oh.

Here's my plucky 1999 Avensis SR in Tuscany Plum(!)

attachicon.gif2013-06-22 08.47.00.jpgattachicon.gif20170221_134141.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_20170221-201930.png

Apologies for the self quote, but a couple of landmarks yesterday.

238,855 was achieved yesterday morning halfway between Newark-on-Trent and Worksop.  Now, for the first time ever, I have a car with "Lunar Mileage"  Then, on the way home from Newcassell we ticked over 239,000.  

No pics as it was darker than a dark thing.

• Hooli, Walter White and LightBulbFun like this

1999 Toyota Avensis SR.  239k|   1996 Toyota Granvia.  186k|   1989 Mercedes Benz 190 bASe.  97k|   1983 Ford Sierra bASe.  154k|

#303 OFFLINE   Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler

• Full Members
  • 759 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 09:35 AM

My latest purchase to keep me on the road until I can find a cheap lift pump to replace my leaking one, 2006 Octavia tdi dsg, wcpgw (€300 so dont mind with 3 months test and tax worth at least that, flywheel a little rattly but not bad and drives literally as a 100k one)

Have done 5000km in this and it still plods on; Volvo back today and this has to go; advertised it all week for €300 and not a call, offered it yesterday for scrap money €120, no takers, so it's the bridge this afternoon for it

#304 OFFLINE   MrSchwifty

MrSchwifty

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 21 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationOxfordshire

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 AM

No longer in my possession, sadly, but both still going strong are the two Audi's I owned. A 1994 80 TDi estate, I sold that on with 240k on the clock and it still drove like new and returned over 50mpg even if you drove like a complete loon. I also sold on a 1997 A4 TDi estate (essentially the same engine) with over 290k on the clock - again it was fine.  That VAG diesel engine, the 1Z and its various derivatives, is a seriously good engine to rival the diesel Mercs of the 70's and 80's in terms of longevity. 

Not sure if anyone saw this, the presenter is an irritating cock womble bumbleboob but its interesting to see the value of regular servicing:

The local garage to me at work proudly have an N reg Peugeot 405 Turbo Diesel estate in each year which now has over 500k on it. I've regularly heard of these things easily getting over 300k if regularly serviced. If I had to have one car for the rest of my life, it would be a diesel Peugeot! 

At least its not on fire. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users