Genuine Granadaland Jaguar Reintroduced to Granadaland! Caution: New MoT content!

Junkman

Excellent! - Did they back down over the 'rear hub play' once the way the rear suspension works had been explained to them? I intended to find and post a link detailing it, but was too disorganised to do it fast enough before the forum went down - but you probably found it yourself anyway/understood it by looking at it. The transmission mount does have a small degree of play in it, but if it is more than this then it is likely the rubber donut has perished. This is very common. It's not a safety item, but the car will run smoother with a new donut.

mb9521.png

Part 7 - the 'foam buffer' MHG7566AA

I am pleased you have got it through the MOT. :)

Excellent! - Did they back down over the 'rear hub play' once the way the rear suspension works had been explained to them? I intended to find and post a link detailing it, but was too disorganised to do it fast enough before the forum went down - but you probably found it yourself anyway/understood it by looking at it. The transmission mount does have a small degree of play in it, but if it is more than this then it is likely the rubber donut has perished. This is very common. It's not a safety item, but the car will run smoother with a new donut.

Part 7 - the 'foam buffer' MHG7566AA

I am pleased you have got it through the MOT. :)

Yes, they were happy with my explanation and passed the car as is. Frankly, the 'play' was/is so slight I'd have thought it an advisory only even if it were wheelbearings. 

I got a front end alignment done this morning, and now it's driving easy and straight as an arrow.