Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Genuine Granadaland Jaguar Reintroduced to Granadaland! Caution: New MoT content!

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#271 ONLINE   Eddie Honda

Eddie Honda

• Full Members
  • 2,801 posts
  • 17 thanks

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

Challenge the tester.

Do what? Challenge? To what? A fucking duel?

burk_1.jpg

It's much simpler to sack 'em off and get the great man above to do the job.
  • Magnificent Rustbucket, Junkman and Vince70 like this

#272 OFFLINE   Magnificent Rustbucket

Magnificent Rustbucket

• Full Members
  • 1,966 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationCheshire, UK

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:34 AM

Excellent! - Did they back down over the 'rear hub play' once the way the rear suspension works had been explained to them? I intended to find and post a link detailing it, but was too disorganised to do it fast enough before the forum went down - but you probably found it yourself anyway/understood it by looking at it. The transmission mount does have a small degree of play in it, but if it is more than this then it is likely the rubber donut has perished. This is very common. It's not a safety item, but the car will run smoother with a new donut.

mb9521.png

Part 7 - the 'foam buffer' MHG7566AA

I am pleased you have got it through the MOT. :)

• Conrad D. Conelrad likes this
1992 Jaguar Sovereign

#273 OFFLINE   Junkman

Junkman

Totally and properly Renault R16!

• Full Members
  • 36,106 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationStockport, England

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

So many thanks for your continued help with this!

As far as I'm concerned, the smoothness of the car is impeccable. I will check the mount thoroughly once I get around to it.

Replacement of any worn components seems to be quite straigtforward enough going by the drawing you posted.

• Magnificent Rustbucket likes this

1967 Renault 16 TL........................................................without floor

1971 Rover 3500 Series 2...........................................almost not fucked
1971 Mercedes 280SE............................................................fucked
1979 Mobylette AV89............................................................running

1985 Ford Granada 2.8 Ghia X.......................................The Beastestate
1991 Jaguar 4.0 Sovereign.........................with fresh MoT and fucked wings
1997 Peugeot 405 2.0 Executive Estate.............new, improved, now with aircon

#274 ONLINE   Conrad D. Conelrad

Conrad D. Conelrad

• Full Members
  • 6,115 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Locationgtr mcr

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Excellent! - Did they back down over the 'rear hub play' once the way the rear suspension works had been explained to them? I intended to find and post a link detailing it, but was too disorganised to do it fast enough before the forum went down - but you probably found it yourself anyway/understood it by looking at it. The transmission mount does have a small degree of play in it, but if it is more than this then it is likely the rubber donut has perished. This is very common. It's not a safety item, but the car will run smoother with a new donut.

Part 7 - the 'foam buffer' MHG7566AA

I am pleased you have got it through the MOT. :)

Yes, they were happy with my explanation and passed the car as is. Frankly, the 'play' was/is so slight I'd have thought it an advisory only even if it were wheelbearings. 

I got a front end alignment done this morning, and now it's driving easy and straight as an arrow. 

• cort16, Magnificent Rustbucket, RobT and 1 other like this

#275 OFFLINE   cort16

cort16

3.5 tonnes maximum

• Full Members
  • 16,963 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

Did you have any issues with the rusty wings or did you just gaffa tape them up?

I estimate this car needs £3000 maybe £4000 spending on it to get it rite and when this is done it will be wotrth about £1500!!

#276 ONLINE   Conrad D. Conelrad

Conrad D. Conelrad

• Full Members
  • 6,115 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Locationgtr mcr

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

No, they were commented upon but not in an official capacity! They're quite solidly gaffer taped up. 

• DeeJay likes this

#277 OFFLINE   cort16

cort16

3.5 tonnes maximum

• Full Members
  • 16,963 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

Excellent. I deployed metres of the stuff to get my p6 through it's mot. 

• Eddie Honda likes this

I estimate this car needs £3000 maybe £4000 spending on it to get it rite and when this is done it will be wotrth about £1500!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users