Paging the Volvo pervs. 850 T5

Pete-M

A bloke I used to work with has just asked if I know anyone may be interested in his dad's 850 T5 saloon so I figured you lot are the folks to ask.

I've not seen the car for about 9 months, it's a dark blue 95ish T5 saloon with no aircon and half leather. Manual box. It's very very straight with about 40k miles on.

His dad owned a garage local to me so it should have been looked after reasonably well. Car had a very expensive registration number from new and now son has taken the plate so it'll be on an age related plate. I drove it a while back and it drives well.

I remember the lacquer on the boot spoiler had flaked and the tyres were antiquated but it's got to be one of the lowest mileage T5s about and there aren't many one owner jobs.

Ow much? I reckon it has to be £850.

I'll get pics and more details of anyone is interested.

I think T5 is simply the engine and isn't an actual spec. Therefore you can get a T5 in basic GLT form with poverty everything and blanking plates.

I know I've seen a couple of T5 S V70s for sale with cloth seats and blanking plates. Although most are ex-plod admittedly.

You're right but I'd never heard of it even working a ovlov dealer when these were new.

I think T5 is simply the engine and isn't an actual spec. Therefore you can get a T5 in basic GLT form with poverty everything and blanking plates.

I know I've seen a couple of T5 S V70s for sale with cloth seats and blanking plates. Although most are ex-plod admittedly.

Yep, the ex WilsonWilson/CMS one I killed was a GLT I think. Velour seats, no aircon, but a sunroof and leccy windows/mirrors. T5 was solely the HPT engine.

Yep, the ex WilsonWilson/CMS one I killed was a GLT I think. Velour seats, no aircon, but a sunroof and leccy windows/mirrors. T5 was solely the HPT engine.

It was an SE, which is pretty much the povo spec. I don't think it had a sunroof either. This brochure sums up the 1996 range. http://www.volvotips.com/brochures/850/Volvo-850-1996-US-brochure-850R-AWD.pdf

I think I pretty much understand the logic behind the specs now. It's not a linear progression through the range- SE and CD are the "luxury" trim levels, S and GLT are the "sporty" ones. CD has full leather, rear electric windows and climate control over the GLT but it loses the 16" wheels (unless it's a T5, they always get the Columbas), sunroof and foglights. None of them get badges (apart from some early models, which got GLT badges) though, you just have to know.

This one is a massive bargain, I'm wishing I'd been quicker off the mark.

It was an SE, which is pretty much the povo spec. I don't think it had a sunroof either. This brochure sums up the 1996 range. http://www.volvotips.com/brochures/850/Volvo-850-1996-US-brochure-850R-AWD.pdf

I think I pretty much understand the logic behind the specs now. It's not a linear progression through the range- SE and CD are the "luxury" trim levels, S and GLT are the "sporty" ones. CD has full leather, rear electric windows and climate control over the GLT but it loses the 16" wheels (unless it's a T5, they always get the Columbas), sunroof and foglights. None of them get badges (apart from some early models, which got GLT badges) though, you just have to know.

This one is a massive bargain, I'm wishing I'd been quicker off the mark.

Right you are...! You asked for sunroof bits and I said I'd get them, til I looked at it and there wasn't one! I think I expected it to have...

This was indeed bargainous: there's a 95 iirc T5-R wagon in Gul Yellow on one of the FB groups, priced at £9750 :o