Boomerang

Joloke

I have done this.   When you say do it themselves what do they have in mind?

I was living in Oz at the time so I just dropped the car at the agents in Fremantle and filled in the paperwork.   They will need an agent at each end to arrange shipping with the shipping firm and to receive and clear customs in the UK.

There is tax to pay when importing from outside the EU unless you have owned it for over a year.

I went with a part container instead of ro-ro in the end because if the car won't start they will drag it off with whatever they have handy and are not gentle.

You can fill it with spares, however I think they advise against it if going ro-ro and won't cover them on the insurance.

Also be sure to pick it up ASAP from the yard in the UK, I left it until a Friday and the bastards charged by the day for 'storage' in their yard, unlocked, covered in dust.

It was a while ago now so can't remember all the details but I can dig out the paperwork if you have specific questions.

From memory it cost at least GBP1000 from Perth about six years ago.

I looked at moving a tidy Renault 5 from NZ but the $500 cost was rather upstaged by the import taxes and duties. Can't remember exact numbers but it would have made it the most expensive R5 in the U.K. And still have a speedo in KMs.

So yeah, def do it but def check the duties first

I looked at moving a tidy Renault 5 from NZ but the $500 cost was rather upstaged by the import taxes and duties. Can't remember exact numbers but it would have made it the most expensive R5 in the U.K. And still have a speedo in KMs.

So yeah, def do it but def check the duties first

Bugger me that's cheap, who was it with and what port was it out of?