Alfa 156 sportwagon - Broken already ALFISTI PLS HALP

Dave_Q

Yes I did done bought it.

I feel I should confess at this point, that I had slightly more than the ebay description to go on, the seller sent me some photos and a brief description of what's wrong with it.

post-17573-0-38614300-1487339244_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-59802800-1487339246_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-93927100-1487339248_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-41482600-1487339251_thumb.jpg

post-17573-0-72138000-1487339253_thumb.jpg

Yes when trying to change gear the spacing is not right. And there is a noise from the engine, sounds like a belt. If you want some pictures. I can send some to your email address. I can't seem to load them on to eBay

Yes you can still drive car.

Seems legit, MOT history looks alright, just that it hasn't had one since November 2016.

Anyone wanna buy a Subaru?

Considering the mileage those seats still look very smart

Motorway miles, innit?

I'm hoping this car has been owned by a proper sort, a dig says it used to be on a private plate until last year, said private plate is now on a 159.

It's had the suspension arms done in the last couple of years from the MOT history, the described faults are probably gear linkage bushes (<£5) and the aux belt tensioner.

Aux belt tensioner is about £100 which sucks, but if it goes more of less straight through an MOT I probably won't mind. 

Collection probably next week, featuring a prebooked MOT more or less the whole length of the M1 away.

I'm not complaining, other people might have bid if there were pictures.

Actually, it was on private plate UT11 (now on a Giulietta) from 2006 to 2013 when it was sold, then was on P151MOM (now on a 159) until last year.

Of course, there's every chance it is hanging, but I've convinced myself it has been cherished by dedicated Alfa nuts for every one of those 206,000 miles.

It's had the suspension arms done in the last couple of years from the MOT history

I watched a Dutch video (CC'd in English) about the 156 and the presenter suggested that 156's basically go through front suspension arms because they think it's fun to do. He suggested that they need changed every 9,000 miles or something stupid like that. I would still have a face lift one anyway.

I'm not complaining, other people might have bid if there were pictures.

Actually, it was on private plate UT11 (now on a Giulietta) from 2006 to 2013 when it was sold, then was on P151MOM (now on a 159) until last year.

Of course, there's every chance it is hanging, but I've convinced myself it has been cherished by dedicated Alfa nuts for every one of those 206,000 miles.

Pissy mum? Interesting plate.

5 cylinders, niiice!

Guest Breadvan72

Dear insurance industry,

How in the name of jebus shitting Christ does a sad diesel Alfa cost MORE money to insure than a turbocharged ASBOwagon?

You should be paying me.

Yours,

Angrily Confused of Yorkshire.

Because Yorkshire.  [/annoying Southerner]

I wouldn't worry about the fact it's broken. Even the ones that are sold as perfect, for top dollar are broken or about to be. You've just saved lots of money to spend at GSF when they have 50% off days  :-D

The 5 cyl diesel is a winner, I prefer it to the later Jtdm 16v.

Do check the rear floor pans before you spend money on it though!

Still the fuel of Beelzebub, though.

We can't all drive round in pez guzzlers, smoking cigars lit off tenners lit off gallons of petrol lit off twenties.

Anyway I've done my bit for The Environment driving round in the Subaru @ 18mpg. 35ish will be a delight.

Soz to all the kittens that will die from my righteous oxides.