Any Xantia experts on here? Cheep french tat surrendered. DONE FIXERED IT

sutty2006

So with todays weather not providing preverbial and consistant wetness, I got the old tub of garlic butter up on ramps, to search for a leak. Much wetness was found, but more water found than fluid. Perhaps old water from when the coolant was leaking and its soaked into the bulkhead sound proofing.

Thought id cast my specs over the ABS rings........

oh dear

Is this likely to be an easy fix? I hate taking driveshafts out :(

post-17429-0-42297600-1487441738_thumb.jpg

The reluctor rings on the Saab that Hooli now has were from there too. I got a garage to fit them but apparently wasn't a bad job.

They did say you need to make sure the mating surface is utterly rust free before trying to put the ring on. Also use the old ring as a face to hammer onto. Sometimes you need a bit of thread locker to secure it if it's loose.

Here is a shitters fix for abs reluctor ring.  Carefully remover the old ring, a dremel with mini cutting and grinding discs can sometimes do the job.  You want to keep the ring for re-use.

Using dremel with sanding wheel, clean up the shaft/cv joint, rotating to get all 360 cleaned.  Clean the reluctor ring.  

Crack open some Araldite rapid and apply to the shaft/cv joint.  Re-position the reluctor ring and hold until the Araldite has 'set'.   Now piss off and let the Araldite harden.

Heh presto, one fix.  

It is all a low stress item, so it ent going anywhere and that Araldite is a damn fine adhesive.  

I made an adaptor once for my push bike tyre by aralditing half a car schraeder to half a pushbike pump end.  Kept it under my sadle and allowed me to use the airline at filling stations to pump up my bike tyres.  Trouble was, it took a bit of getting used too, the push iron tyres don't take much air by volume so it was easy to pop your inner tube if you got to eager with the inflator.