SF17 - Bubble Car Museum: insert photos/memories here

The Moog

Aye, i forgot it was a bank holiday the weekend before, to be fair i should be clear most of June expect for the 18th as I'm meant to be going to the Retro Show at Santa Pod that weekend. My mate Cortinaboy with the Marina was asking about another weekend so i thought I'd ask the question.

Other dates are fine with me tbh. 9/10 or 23/24 would be ace as Amy wont be working those weekends. But I can make any weekend work really, I have a very boring social calendar. Infact I don't have a social calendar... 23/24 is payday weekend too so I wouldn't have to save money up for fuel...

I thought Fowler wasn't bringing the bus this year after the impressive fuel figures from last year?

I'm saving up for a house. Rough calculations show that I'd be spending approx £450 to take the bus to the bubble car museum. Wage rises in March, April and June this year. I'll think about it.

As an aside - It won't be going anywhere if there's no hard standing.

I'm saving up for a house. Rough calculations show that I'd be spending approx £450 to take the bus to the bubble car museum. Wage rises in March, April and June this year. I'll think about it.

Crowd-fund for the bus' fuel! I'd chuck in a couple of quid anyway.

Convert the bus! Sure I saw something similar on an episode of George Clark's amazing spaces...

Just need to see about time off work, then decide what car to take...

880 round trip with petrol potentially at £1.35+ in the LS400? Look's like I'll be living on super noodles for a while...

Maybe the 4 litre beater+ Club could set up a crowd fund? Then the 4 litre beater Club can have their own rally competition in the rally field!

As nice as it'd be taking the lounge-on-wheels that is the LS400, honestly thinking of taking the 'poverty' spec 316 down!

Partly for cost, and partly because I took the LS last year...and as im sure everyone from last year would agree, it'd be ALOT easier to push out of mud.  :mrgreen:

Yep. Will be even better this year with a bigger car. Plan is to buy an air bed and drop the back seats.

Turning the car on and the heaters to max for half an hour before bed  whilst more beer was drunk was a winnah idea last year too! The field oozed with clatter all around, it was bliss!

Moogle - are you brewing up for this year again? That was proper tasty stuff last year

Can I suggest we stick to weekend of 2nd?

DW aside it looks good for most people. I think it is going to be a struggle to find a date that suits everyone

I am sure I can provide some beerages. They can be had for a donation to the website fund

Camping I think means staying over, as you are using the facilities.

nope - you did it once - you need to enjoy weekend bring an estate :D