SF17 - Bubble Car Museum: insert photos/memories here

The Moog

I'm not sure I'll make it, I'll be holidaying, probably in Scotland somewhere quite north.

If you are going, LP, and I remember to pack it, could you take a HBOL to The Moog, please?

... I was going to ask if you wanted supplies but I suspect that'll not be required. Bother :(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have the day booked off work on Friday but events have conspired to mean that it will be getting dark when I get there. I'm still coming though complete with suitably 90's shellsuit coloured teepee and Astra.

YESSSSSS! One of my favourite SF memories is of your attempt to drunkenly erect the teepee in the dark. Time for round 2.

Hey peeps, I'm still around, just thought I'd pop in and say I'll probably be dropping by "the field of dreams" Fri/Sat/Sun ... I'm not sure when, possibly a couple of times as it's not far from my place, where I'll be hammering at things most of the weekend. I can ditch the work when I get fed up and stand in a field with old motors.

If I'm lucky the Espace will be legal by then. That's the one from FOAD, collected by Moog/Bucketeer last year. It's just had a new steering rack and a few other bits, it still looks like crap, but is very close to passing an MOT. I also have a Clio to collect from Essex at some point, so I might bring that ... Otherwise I'll be in the red Aerodeck.

I'll be around from mid-Friday until whenever most people bugger off.

Remember mid Friday to check out the Linconshire Aviation Heritage centre http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/ 15 mins up the road as people may be there, licking flying machines (and RAF support vehicles).

Remember mid Friday to check out the Linconshire Aviation Heritage centre http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/ 15 mins up the road as people may be there, licking flying machines (and RAF support vehicles).

thanks for the look-up;  I'd probably have been looking fo something to enliven a few hours on Friday

Got to go to Sandford Orchards for supplies - might be an idea to hide them from Mrs K  - bring your own tankard

It is a most wondrous place to visit. Easy to get to as well, left out of bubble place, to end of road and right at T-junction, right at next turn and trundle along for a few miles until it appears on your right. Also open on Friday only is the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre at Coningsby just a few miles up the road. Guided hangar tours at certain times, see here https://www.raf.mod.uk/bbmf/visitorscentre/ Again, left out of bubble place, to the end of the road, turn left and follow the signs. I'm looking forward to meeting you all, never been to this before. I will hopefully attend in Primera or Anglia or Impala. 

You are more than welcome! Seriously, I'd understand if you didn't want to, what with the interior being the rankest thing I've ever seen, but there it is :)

There will be enough vacuums there...And I would happily provide stuff to do it, and I'm sure people would chip in for the manpower but I don't want to cart it all over and every one goes "lol jk m8" and it gets in the way all weekend! We would need power and water for a start...

Guest Hooli

I suspect the Scottish contingent will attend said aviation museum in the early afternoon. What time are folk expecting to be there?

Check their website, the Lanc is often taxying, so it'd be very rude to miss that.

Check their website, the Lanc is often taxying, so it'd be very rude to miss that.

The taxi runs are wonderful especially, cough, if one is on board the aircraft. I was lucky enough to get a ride as a 'significant' birthday present from my brother. It was just amazing and an honour to ride on a Lancaster. Very special and brave people flew them and many never came home. If you can scrape up the pennies to have a ride it's well worth it.