SF17 - Bubble Car Museum: insert photos/memories here

The Moog

I'm just spitballing/blue sky thinking/throwing it out there, etc but if we have a cafe, I can combine the last two year's quizzes (that didn't get used) and throw some new shit in there. We could use it to raise a bit of brass for the forum or summat, maybe somebody has some awful, unsellable tat that they want to donate for a prize or two to heighten the pleasure. Just an idea.

I can promise it would provide anything ranging from 'mild entertainment' to 'I'm going back out in to the sleet and mud to get away from this utter nonsense'.

I'm just spitballing/blue sky thinking/throwing it out there, etc but if we have a cafe, I can combine the last two year's quizzes (that didn't get used) and throw some new shit in there. We could use it to raise a bit of brass for the forum or summat, maybe somebody has some awful, unsellable tat that they want to donate for a prize or two to heighten the pleasure. Just an idea.

I can promise it would provide anything ranging from 'mild entertainment' to 'I'm going back out in to the sleet and mud to get away from this utter nonsense'.

I can donate a prize! It'll be hoover related though...

Owning a shabby 924 has created what must be the fairly unique dilemma of whether to go to Shitefest 17 or Simply Porsche at Beaulieu, both of which I'd love to go to.

I've been following the thread from the start but was holding back from committing one way or the other until nearer the time but Ive just found out that an old friend from Aberdeen has booked a visit to London that weekend and is coming to stay with us so it now looks like I won't be able to make either which is a shame. Next year hopefully...

Having had a couple of really shite weeks, I feel it's time to add myself to the list of attendees.

I will be bringing a tent big enough for the number of seats in my omega, and have vague promises from my nephew, son and brother in law, all of whom agreed to come.

All were in the pub at the time, and may have had a few brews too many, but I have witnesses. If they don't come I may bring a smaller tent and the MX5 instead. I'm not bringing the cavalier. He will bark at night.

Guest Breadvan72

I am trying to arrange a scheme whereby I bring a Dolomite, a Rover, and possibly, maybe, uncertainly, truly, madly, deeply another vehicle of indeterminate identity.  Anyone fancy some chod-driving from south Oxon?  

Aren't you holding a Dyson rebuild workshop then?

If people contact me beforehand so I can diagnose and bring tools and parts, and the member wishes to take their Dyson on a little holiday to shitefest then I'll repair them in the cafe!

I'm going to try and get one done to pop on the table as a roffle prize too

Or I could get 5, strip them down and wash the parts then we can have the worlds stupidest drunkun rebuild race!

Guest Breadvan72

Bekster, I may be able to suggest to you a needlessly complex arrangement that would involve vehicle sleepage, but not necessarily in your car.  But perhaps you are v keen on bringing the Goona of manys getting washed by Beko, to wow the troops with TEH SHINY?

For those that will be arriving in the wilds of the East around Friday lunchtime / early afternoon, is there any interest in meeting  20 minutes up the road from Boston at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage centre http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/ ? Postcode is PE23 4DE

They seem to have some flying machines under restoration and lot of info about Bomber Command, also a collection of military support vehicles.

Guest Breadvan72

Bekster, I may be able to suggest to you a needlessly complex arrangement that would involve vehicle sleepage, but not necessarily in your car.  But perhaps you are v keen on bringing the Goona of manys getting washed by Beko, to wow the troops with TEH SHINY?

As said, tell me your plan! I've got to get eva to my dad's en route, her car seat is a seat belt type though, so no isofix to worry about. And I can make your chods shine like glass* for the weekend too, so can still show off my skillz, perhaps on more acceptable cars than a modern too

Guest Breadvan72

It is important in life to have a plan.  My plan for my life has been and remains to get a plan.  Thus far, my plan is not succeeding. 

Well let me know if you think of some utterly hair brained and brilliant scheme, as long as I can take Eva to my dads before, and pick her up on the way home and you dont mind me sleeping in it after smoking and drinking all/most of the day beforehand, I'm all ears!

I won't smoke in it whilst driving though, A because child, B because it's not my car