Panda Eleganza

Ian_Fearn

While not exactly a foregone conclusion, it is not uncommon to hear of failure of the servo that controls air temperature. It seems that a plastic bit snaps and the flap can no longer be controlled leading to cold air all the time. There is a long thread on the Fiat owners forum about it.

A member on here had a 100hp with a similar issue. My own 100hp was fine in that respect but it would always have been at the back of my mind if I hadn't sold it fairly shortly after buying it.

ETA: the electric sunroof is an optional extra on many models. My 100hp had it and it was great.

How are the interiors on these modern Pandas and how are they to drive? I like the look of them and they seem like good cars but in photos the interiors look really cheap and Fiat seems to have chosen some really bizarre colour combinations between the seats and paint.

The aircon issue is pretty much the only thing that hasn't gone wrong on my Panda. It'll probably happen at the weekend.

Does anyone else with a Panda have door handles that stick open?

No, only me then.

Yep mine does that

I'm sure Punto's do this too. Something to do with a plastic part in the handle assembly wearing or breaking? I could be wrong but I think I did read somewhere that Fiat fixed this problem in later Puntos.

Fantastic little cars, these.

My parents had an 06 Dynamic from new for 6 years. Don't think anything went wrong with it at all. Sold with nearly 50k on it, a lot of which was accumulated quickly on the M62 in salty conditions after Mum's parents became ill. No rust, no breakdowns, cheap parts and economical engine. If I needed a small car again I don't think I'd look anywhere else.

I had a 100hp for a short while. Was a cracking little car but I made the "mistake" of keeping my old car (mk1 Focus) for short while to see if I liked the Panda. I like the Focus too much to part with it for what I'd have got, it handled better than the Panda, and I got worried about getting spares for the 100hp (some body parts can be difficult to get hold of, apparently) so the Focus won.

They're like deep fried Pizza. I like them but they don't like me.

I've never problems with getting parts for the 100HP from ECP etc. The mechanicals are Fiat 500 and most of the body work is standard Panda it's just the 100hp specific bits that can be tricky.

post-17396-0-47639900-1487422101_thumb.jpg

They are great little cars, I've had 5 different variants of them, the only trouble I've had with them has been the electrically assisted power steering motor (or rather the sensor) going faulty on 2 of them.  They can be replaced easily and refurbished units with a guarantee that lasts as long as the car are available.  

Avoid 1.1 engines as the 1.2 suits it better, also the power is better on the earlier versions not strangled by euro emissions standards.

I had a 2010 dynamic with aircon (not climate) and it was great.  The 100hp has the most annoying ride, the rear never stops bouncing around. The 4x4 petrol is very solid but very very slow.  The Eleganza spec is just more problems waiting to happen though the 56 plate one I gave to mum is still going strong and has more poke than the 2010 model.

Currently for caravan towing duties I have the diesel 4x4 in cross spec which looks like it's wearing dame edna's glasses, much more power than the petrol and keeps up easily with traffic in comparison.

I've never had a problem with parts, most scrappies have one or two in them now and ebay spares plentiful, parts still available from main dealers too.

100 HP's seem to be the nova/corsa of the fiat world now and end up being stupidly modded and abused.  At most meets there is a line of them driven my kewl lukking chavvy types with various body modifications and daft rimz.  Trying to find a decent non messed about with 100 now (with low miles) is getting harder than their suspension set up...

mebbies this should go in the grumpy thread...

attachicon.gifIMG_0951.JPG

They are great little cars, I've had 5 different variants of them, the only trouble I've had with them has been the electrically assisted power steering motor (or rather the sensor) going faulty on 2 of them.  They can be replaced easily and refurbished units with a guarantee that lasts as long as the car are available.  

Avoid 1.1 engines as the 1.2 suits it better, also the power is better on the earlier versions not strangled by euro emissions standards.

I had a 2010 dynamic with aircon (not climate) and it was great.  The 100hp has the most annoying ride, the rear never stops bouncing around. The 4x4 petrol is very solid but very very slow.  The Eleganza spec is just more problems waiting to happen though the 56 plate one I gave to mum is still going strong and has more poke than the 2010 model.

Currently for caravan towing duties I have the diesel 4x4 in cross spec which looks like it's wearing dame edna's glasses, much more power than the petrol and keeps up easily with traffic in comparison.

I've never had a problem with parts, most scrappies have one or two in them now and ebay spares plentiful, parts still available from main dealers too.

Do you know much about the spec of the various models? I like the kit level of the Eleganza and much prefer how the 4x4 looks but it seems that the 4x4s (the ones I'm looking at online anyway) have a pretty dreary spec like no climate, manual mirrors, no split fold rear bench. The all seem to have keep fit rear windows, is that right?

I don't think any of that gen of Pandas have rear leccy windows, and as you said most 4x4 ones are a spec similar to the Dynamic, never seen a 4x4 with the toys of an Eleganza/100HP in all the time I worked in a Fiat dealership.

I actually really like the 100HPs even though I despise Fiats otherwise, they are fun, like driving a go kart, always willing you to go faster, but after a while I found they got a bit tiresome, a bit like something like an Impreza or a modified car would.