Bland collection thread.

fatharris

Ugh, up at a most unpleasant hour.

06f5ec21b53b30b391bfeb0fdf0521cf.jpg

Yep.

f6fa59837207cdacc71ccb07b5001306.jpg

Bucking a trend here, I didn't buy this car. I didn't get it for free. MrsH bought this car, despite telling me I have too many cars. As such it's a non-AutoShite car in a shiters spec, and certainly not a car I'd consider owning/buying, there are much more interesting alternatives out there.

This isn't going to be very interesting or eventful, as I'm picking the car up en route to a dental appointment in Guildford before heading home back to Kernow.

We had that engine in a Seat Leon owned from new. Nippy enough but it had a fucking right old thirst for oil, and an unhealthy appetite for o2 sensors (probably because of the amount of oil it butned) and, more worryingly, waterpumps & cambelt tensioners / idlers. Piece of shite.

Best of luck with it.

Scottish reg, unfortunately the likelihood is it's been through the hands of Arnie Shark at some point in its life like most cars which begin life in Scotland, as such you will probably find broken trim and missing clips in places you would never expect trim to have been removed from, if you're lucky, if not their "repairs" will have fucked more on the car than they've fixed.

Bloody hope not - it was the father in law waving out the window. I would have asked him to take a Woollarding shot but I lost my nerve!

Well, I'm back home, 39mpg wasn't too bad considering my pace - it takes a while to get up to speed, but it's happy sitting there all day.

It's a 1.4S with two previous owners. The first owned it for 10 years before MrsH's granddad bought it in 2012. He absolutely loved it and never put a foot wrong whilst he had it. Sadly, he passed away in January so we bought it to keep it in the family.

Faults include a non working stereo and a non opening OSR door, and a slightly stiff gear change.

Spec is all electric windows, electric sunroof, electric mirrors and a cassette player.

Needs a good clean, but that's not going to happen until the end of March at the earliest.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

A boring update.

This motor has racked up over 2000 miles in my ownership so far and has proved very reliable so far. It's used a bit of oil but given the usage, it's within acceptable limits.

The stereo had blown a fuse before i picked the car up so that was replaced and it's functional once more.

MrsH has the keys now whilst i take the Rover for a bit, she seems to like it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk