Smart car re-raffle thread!!

Jams

Went to work in this today. Access/egress not actually ideal for someone my size, as getting my right leg in was 'interestesting' but once in it was fine. I don't like the lack of visibility (but looking at it I think someone has sprayed or 'wrapped' over what I assume are rear side windows.

Anyhow it was a right laugh to drive and I got a few looks in it, not as much fun as the MX5 was but still great.

When I had the smart the Windows didn't have the wrap on them and I found you really needed those rear side windows with it being LHD.

The rear windows are made of plastic and I would mop them with a bit of fine compound and wax from time to time as they did dull and it brought them back up a treat

But if the Windows are now knackered though UV damage it shouldn't be expensive to change as they only pop out in less than a minute but make sure you buy some sealant and a mastic gun before doing so as that's one of the worse leak points on the smart and when I first bought it the car was like a swimming pool inside due to them leaking.

So if you end up taking them out lash as much sealant as you can underneath.

• 1 month later...

Right, as it's spending more time being a Garage Door Blocker than actually being used, is anyone interested in this for the original asking price? Could probably ROFFLE it if needed, though would prefer to see a straight sale. It's currently got a puncture, which obvs I'll try and sort before it goes.

It's not the tyre that Richard spent a fortune replacing was it? :?

I'm up for a roffle on this. Totally would like it, but wife would kill me if I bought another car. However if I "won" another one then I might just get away with it... Plus a Smart car and a Smart Roadster together on the drive is probably the same length as the Saab/Scenic/whatever other shit I've had on it.

I bought this r'other day.

post-3738-0-97188400-1490528496_thumb.jpg

It's really superb. Engine is punchy and has a nice sound, gear change is slow, especially pulling into roundabouts with incoming traffic, I prefer it in semi around town.

I've fixed the door handles (they were missing a bolt holding them on) and have given it a wash, and plumbed the boost gauge in. My mojo has completely diminished with cars, I've not bought one since June last year so this was a nice swansong - I'm going offload it again in a couple of weeks time if anyone's interested?

BTW, everyone thinks I'm German with the plates. My new neighbour even shouted 'hallo nachbar' and other assorted greetings when he saw me, and looked disappointed when I said 'I'm not f*cking German!'

Brilliant car I miss it terribly! You will get used to the gear changes and the brakes!

Being a left hooker and with the plates people think your Johnny Foreigner and leave you alone park any where drive how you want it's brilliant!