Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

Smart car re-raffle thread!!

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 32,594 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationI'm not a racist, I'm merely supporting my country! and central locking

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:30 PM

Went to work in this today. Access/egress not actually ideal for someone my size, as getting my right leg in was 'interestesting' but once in it was fine. I don't like the lack of visibility (but looking at it I think someone has sprayed or 'wrapped' over what I assume are rear side windows.

Anyhow it was a right laugh to drive and I got a few looks in it, not as much fun as the MX5 was but still great.

"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#62 OFFLINE   Vince70

Vince70

• Full Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationBexhill

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:55 AM

When I had the smart the Windows didn't have the wrap on them and I found you really needed those rear side windows with it being LHD.

The rear windows are made of plastic and I would mop them with a bit of fine compound and wax from time to time as they did dull and it brought them back up a treat

But if the Windows are now knackered though UV damage it shouldn't be expensive to change as they only pop out in less than a minute but make sure you buy some sealant and a mastic gun before doing so as that's one of the worse leak points on the smart and when I first bought it the car was like a swimming pool inside due to them leaking.
So if you end up taking them out lash as much sealant as you can underneath.
  • Cavcraft likes this

#63 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 32,594 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationI'm not a racist, I'm merely supporting my country! and central locking

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

Right, as it's spending more time being a Garage Door Blocker than actually being used, is anyone interested in this for the original asking price? Could probably ROFFLE it if needed, though would prefer to see a straight sale. It's currently got a puncture, which obvs I'll try and sort before it goes.

"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#64 OFFLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 2,961 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

It's not the tyre that Richard spent a fortune replacing was it? :?

I'm up for a roffle on this. Totally would like it, but wife would kill me if I bought another car. However if I "won" another one then I might just get away with it... Plus a Smart car and a Smart Roadster together on the drive is probably the same length as the Saab/Scenic/whatever other shit I've had on it.
  • Vince70 and Cavcraft like this
  • 2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner.
  • 2005 Renault Laguna V6 Initiale - The surprising reliable runner and wolf in sheep's clothing.
  • 2004 Smart Roadster 80bhp - The fun one that is the last hurrah before kids.

#65 OFFLINE   Station

Station

• Full Members
  • 9,758 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

How much did you want for it Billy? It is an itch I need to scratch, pending my trade insurance (the 'scratching stick') covering LHD.

#66 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 32,594 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

What I paid for it chief, £500.

#67 OFFLINE   Station

Station

• Full Members
  • 9,758 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

I'll bang yo a text tomorrow mate once I ring insurers :)
  • Cavcraft likes this

#68 OFFLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 32,594 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:09 PM

10/4.

#69 OFFLINE   Jams

Jams

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 96 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

Yes I painted the quarter lights with plasti dip as they were opaque with age!
Brilliant car this gents

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users