Smart car re-raffle thread!!

Jams

When I had the car it was affectionately known as Ting Tong but Dyson is a far better name.

It was originally ordered and sold through Smart Madrid but who in Spain orders a car with a glass roof and no aircon in bright yellow with a dark blue interior whoever it was must of been mad or their fashion sense went out the window.

I love that grey wrap and would even buy it back again as it was a reliable little thing and I've driven quite a few city coupes and fortwos over the years and for some reason this one is the quickest one I've driven yet has the earlier smaller engine but I think being a pulse it's supposed to be the sporty version when it first came out and has a different map to bump up the BHP

But I'm out as you can see my drive is now full and now resembles a BMW dealership circa 1997 so there's no space even for a smart.

post-9282-0-05195400-1487174365_thumb.jpeg

When I had the car it was affectionately known as Ting Tong but Dyson is a far better name.

It was originally ordered and sold through Smart Madrid but who in Spain orders a car with a glass roof and no aircon in bright yellow with a dark blue interior whoever it was must of been mad or their fashion sense went out the window.

I love that grey wrap and would even buy it back again as it was a reliable little thing and I've driven quite a few city coupes and fortwos over the years and for some reason this one is the quickest one I've driven yet has the earlier smaller engine but I think being a pulse it's supposed to be the sporty version when it first came out and has a different map to bump up the BHP

But I'm out as you can see my drive is now full and now resembles a BMW dealership circa 1997 so there's no space even for a smart.

image.jpeg

Thank you sir!!

I'm amazed how nippy this is also! I'm told it goes off the clock? Shocking

I never went that fast in Dyson myself but would go up a new bypass in the car and it would sit happily at 70mph with ease.

But what did make me laugh though was it didn't matter how fast you went in it everyone would want to try to overtake you on the dual carriageway then slow down to about 30mph as no one seems to like to be overtaken by a smart car or have a smart in front of them lol.

post-9282-0-55259700-1487176759_thumb.jpeg

post-9282-0-62535400-1487177041_thumb.jpeg

I never went that fast in Dyson myself but would go up a new bypass in the car and it would sit happily at 70mph with ease.

But what did make me laugh though was it didn't matter how fast you went in it everyone would want to try to overtake you on the dual carriageway then slow down to about 30mph as no one seems to like to be overtaken by a smart car or have a smart in front of them lol

I'm just going of what my good lady tells me! She's a quick one!

The looks you get in it are worth there weight on gold. You get the arse holes looking down there noses (my favourite) you get people who love it and you get people looking at a 22 stone fella looking like donkey Kong driving a smart! Loads of room tho!

Also everyone expects me to be foreign with it being a LHD and pressed plates you can get away with loads more things!!

A good mate if mine had a W reg smart once, and he loved it, it was fast enough, cornered surprisingly well, cheap to run and could fit 3 people in if his small girlfriend sat on the back boot shelf...

But he said the one thing he hated was no road presence, everywhere he drove he got ignored by other drivers, cutting in, not letting him out, going up his arse and overtaking (and drove the thing fast enough so we are talking people pulling out to overtake him doing 75 in a 60 already etc)

We were at a house party once and 5 people got very drunk, picked it up and moved it, that was funny (until he saw they'd put it in a hedge and scratched the shit out of it, was only 4 years old by then...)

Every one who I know who has owned a Smart ForTwo and Roadster (not so much ForFour...) has utterly fallen in love with it. Whether they're a petrol head or the total opposite.

This is true. They are flawed, but have so much character it's hard not to fall for their charm. I had an early left hooker in a very similar spec to this one & it's the only car I've ever gone out for a farewell drive in just before I sold it.

Well bought Billeh!