Smart car re-raffle thread!!

Jams

Hello all

The time has come to move on my little smart car

I won the car in a raffle of the gentleman Mr ritchard K

It's now your turn to be the envy of everyone on the planet*!!!

Do you want to spend £19 on a full tank of petrol?

Do you want cheap insurance?

Do you want a LHD car?

Do you want a babe magnet*?

Want to ball on a budget? (Google it)

Step rite up as this is what you need!!

Smart 450 88000km from new with a bit of history It's had many pounds thrown at it its got a proper sump and a few niggles have been sorted by its former owners.

Engines great it has plenty of power drives well just serviced and 12 months mot!!!

Yes I've wrapped it matt grey yes it's got pressed plates and yes it looks cool as fuck* (it was sodding yellow!!) Yes it's got a boost gauge* (needs connection)

I like it and I'm sure others do! You can replace the plastics if you don't.

What more do you want for 500 quid?

Or 10 pounds a ticket? The extra will be donated to the running of the forum if that's ok with the big man? :)

Pics

IMG_20170215_104353_zps9rmiggnr.jpg

IMG_20170215_104413_zpsc3ejb5ik.jpg

IMG_20170215_104434_zpspzwj9n9h.jpg

IMG_20170215_104450_zpslit4jn6g.jpg

I absolutely hated those when they came out... Nowadays, I find them cool ! I am probably* losing my mind !

Does anyone know if an early Smart like this is eligible for classic insurance ?

Well it's old and did smell a bit so I recon so!

I absolutely hated those when they came out... Nowadays, I find them cool ! I am probably* losing my mind !

Does anyone know if an early Smart like this is eligible for classic insurance ?

It is nearly 20yrs old so I don't see why not. Gotta be worth a call to find out.

It is nearly 20yrs old so I don't see why not. Gotta be worth a call to find out.

I rang FJ to ask, but they won't cover it as it's "too new". I was tempted to explain it's older than the 15 year old Alfas that they do accept to cover (or the brand new Morgans they also cover) but there was no point.

So I'm afraid it's GLWTS/GLWTR from me.

I rang FJ to ask, but they won't cover it as it's "too new". I was tempted to explain it's older than the 15 year old Alfas that they do accept to cover (or the brand new Morgans they also cover) but there was no point.

So this has made me think to have a look at quotes but no insurance company can find the car, it's on the mot database though if you put it in as a smart but not on the gov website, weird!

Can the op tell us what it says on the v5 for make and model please?

I had the same comptersaysno excitement from FJ with my 21 year old Rover.

However, despite repeated knockbackage from the lass on the phone (and the 'underwriter' sitting next to her she had to keep conferring with), I found away around this...

It was to make sure you value the car at over £1000 and use the online quote facility instead.  Now that got the Rover accepted.  So I bought the policy and then rang in to make the adjustments.