Shitefest 2017... is it happening?

cms206

Sorry if this is pants but typing it on the phone.

For an easy low organisation Shitefest then may I suggest turning up at York Raceway on the 1st/2nd July. 2 days of camping and drag racing for £35 with an extra £30 run what you bring option.

No issues with a load of men and cars turning up. Plenty to see and nice roads for a local cruise.

Sounds interesting, but I'm already busy that weekend sadly. I'd also worry we'd dilute ourselves at a bigger event. 

All this needs is someone to find a field, preferably behind a pub (so food, toilets etc) though we've coped without those options before now (in which case, portaloo hire is needed).

Sorry if this is pants but typing it on the phone.

For an easy low organisation Shitefest then may I suggest turning up at York Raceway on the 1st/2nd July. 2 days of camping and drag racing for £35 with an extra £30 run what you bring option.

No issues with a load of men and cars turning up. Plenty to see and nice roads for a local cruise.

That is true but when we went for the inaugural club GLF we got 4 runs for our £30- not great.

As a venue though it has merit:)

Yea but anywhere is far from northern scotland isn't it? apart from perhaps southern scotland...

Nope. Southern Scotland is still pretty fucking far from northern Scotland.

Everywhere is far in Scotland, as we don't have any motorways north of Perth!

Imagine, if you can, the infinite enormity of such an impossibility...  :D

You say that, but everyone else will be regaling each other with heroic stories of duct-taped suspension components, substitution of pistons for old bits of wood, and generally getting moist at the sight of a rusty Vauxhall Calibra (8v for added dullness) with non-functioning lights, all the while arguing over whose car is the biggest disaster, and I'll be there with my modern daily trying to hide at the back. 

I suppose I could turn up in the Honda Jazz as a sort of half-arsed attempt at fitting in.

Guest Breadvan72

You say that, but everyone else will be regaling each other with heroic stories of duct-taped suspension components, substitution of pistons for old bits of wood, and generally getting moist at the sight of a rusty Vauxhall Calibra (8v for added dullness) with non-functioning lights, all the while arguing over whose car is the biggest disaster, and I'll be there with my modern daily trying to hide at the back. 

I suppose I could turn up in the Honda Jazz as a sort of half-arsed attempt at fitting in.

Borrow one of my heaps.

Anyone who can be fucked driving all the way down here is welcome to stay - space for tents.... I will let you use my toilet if you promise not to leave skidmarks and the weather is usually ok.

Nowt to do, mind. Its at least an hours drive to anything interesting, and nothing really car related at all without several hours drive.

Take part in Shitefest shit heap challenge.

Participants all put in a defined amount - say £5. A number is drawn at random and then that lucky winner takes all the cash and buys the most interesting car before close of play Saturday

Facebooked bubble car place. But would prefer Bub to sort it out :-)