SMART SHITE TRADE IN TO CLEAR....

kinkersaab

I had one of these for a bit it was good wee car. Pretty nice to drive from memory as as all the plazzie panels make them light.

Part's aren't too expensive as it's a shared platform with the Colt so you can get most bits from the factors.

Someone's done 140k in a 1.1 Smart ForFour? 13k in the last eight months!

Good MOT history though. The DVLA appears to think it's silver; that secondary colour is obviously more important to it than the blue doors/bonnet etc. :-D

Yes that's a common thing on proper Smarts. The chassis (Tridon) colour is what the DVLA (upto 2007) decided that the car colour was. So a Yellow Smart Roadster with silver chassis, which to the onlooker looks like silver highlights, is actually silver.

This forfour is grade A++ shite material. So unloved even when new, it caused financial trouble for the Smart marque. Basically a large part of Mitsubishi Colt underneath which is grade A shite too. I believe these forfours are actually pretty decent motors generally.

Someone's done 140k in a 1.1 Smart ForFour? 13k in the last eight months!

Good MOT history though. The DVLA appears to think it's silver; that secondary colour is obviously more important to it than the blue doors/bonnet etc. :-D

colour is probably to do with the chassis being silver, the other crap is bolt on. wonder what them multi coloured polos were classed as?

colour is probably to do with the chassis being silver, the other crap is bolt on. wonder what them multi coloured polos were classed as?

"multi colour" on the V5

3587c3e0f557ca4dfa62ccf7ae47bfb2.jpg

Although in looking for that I also found one registered as Red, which was the colour of the sills/roof. Might have been a home made job though.

"multi colour" on the V5

3587c3e0f557ca4dfa62ccf7ae47bfb2.jpg

Although in looking for that I also found one registered as Red, which was the colour of the sills/roof. Might have been a home made job though.

Interestingly I'd heard that Harlequin colours were based on the sill colour (like this being silver).

Well worth the money and it has true shite credentials with that having an Arnold Shark sticker stuck on the back, I hear he makes Arthur Daley look honest when it comes to flogging a motor.

And blue and silver ones are OK to live in according to top gear

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=top+gear+smart+forfour&&view=detail&mid=E870AD44266E794F87E2E870AD44266E794F87E2&FORM=VRDGAR

I had a nosey at one of these at a used car dealer last year and was pleasantly surprised by the quality. Didn't drive it though so it could fall flat on it's face when the wheels start turning. That one was a hell of a lot more expensive than £500.

Well, my maths are as follows. For me to sell on again, it will need a day of the valeters time £100 or so, i will need to mot it and give it a wee service, £250 ish, it is bound to need something, so asuming i got £400 for it, it is then at best costing £750. How much can you ask for a tired 140k 11 yr old smart? Remember it has to be enough ti make it worth while finacialy and dont forget, if it is "retailed" you have to deal with knobends who want to quote sales of goods act etc etc....... 2 months later when something falls,off or breaks.... Stuff like this is best sold as scrap, and to selective people. Ie realists, not knobends.

Well, my maths are as follows. For me to sell on again, it will need a day of the valeters time £100 or so, i will need to mot it and give it a wee service, £250 ish, it is bound to need something, so asuming i got £400 for it, it is then at best costing £750. How much can you ask for a tired 140k 11 yr old smart? Remember it has to be enough ti make it worth while finacialy and dont forget, if it is "retailed" you have to deal with knobends who want to quote sales of goods act etc etc....... 2 months later when something falls,off or breaks.... Stuff like this is best sold as scrap, and to selective people. Ie realists, not knobends.

And this is why I never sell an old car to the unwashed. My last go at it was a £150 MOT'd running driving misfiring 147. 54 plate.

When prospective punter turned up started asking if I'd warrant it, would it drive 100 miles home, can I have it for £100 coz I've got no money. I simply locked the door and went in the house.

And they were like that, the eleventy billionth enquirer, all wanted money off over the phone before even viewing.

Off they go to the bridge. Fuck 'em. Can't be arsed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't seem to be any logic in it, at least not going by bikes.

We've got three* Blue n white GSX1400s between us, two say blue & white on the V5, one says white (they never made an all white one).

*one is now white with flames, purple bits, skulls etc etc - lucky it's the one they've always thought was white eh?

Would you say cars in Aberdeenshire sell for less that cars in central Scotland due to less punters or more due to less choice? 

Hmm wonder what colour they would say my DS was if it was newly registered today. All wings held on by a maximum of two bolts, the roof is the only panel that is not removable in less than five minutes.

There is a serious lack of imagination on the part of the software writers for DVLA. Why is there no coding option for "yellow with red dinosaurs" like in the old days of the concertina log books.