Volvo 940 Estate 2.0 manual £200 Fife

DodgyBastard

31218889534_9117e4882f_k.jpgVolvo 940 Highlander by srblythe, on Flickr

Volvo 940 2.0 na manual, Mot until April.

It usually starts and drives well enough but it's had a couple of failure to proceeds where it has bogged down and died only to sort itself out and keep going. I changed the fuel pump relay after the first time but it did it again so I'm not sure it was that that was the problem.

31544358000_5c234e9c68_k.jpgDSC_0705 by srblythe, on Flickr

31769880082_27e0e068a3_k.jpgDSC_0696 by srblythe, on Flickr

It's in fair condition but with the imminent arrival of a 190e it's no longer needed.

£200

Dunfermline

Just took this out a run and it seems fine, I made a boring video of me thrashing it down some back roads which I'm in the process of uploading.

It was a bit smokey on startup, I drove to the unit and it drove absolutely fine. I had soldered the old fuel pump relay so put that back in and took it out for drive. It drives reasonably well.

I have a theory that it's not fuel pump related but could be moisture getting in to the distributor cap. The first time it cut out I had driven through a large puddle and the time after that I was driving on a road thick with slush. Come to think about it, the car has always felt a bit rubbish when driving in rain. Perhaps a new distributor cap is required.

Hnnnnnng it is a nice oul thing. I don't want to be another arsehole saying I can't because.....

But basically management has been quite firm. I reckon I'd have this home in a boat (groan) for a grand total of £300 too.

Some pointless questions as I'm basically out but I assume as long as there's no rain it should make it to Stranraer?

No critical rust near anything that would scare the MOT man?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hnnnnnng it is a nice oul thing. I don't want to be another arsehole saying I can't because.....

But basically management has been quite firm. I reckon I'd have this home in a boat (groan) for a grand total of £300 too.

Some pointless questions as I'm basically out but I assume as long as there's no rain it should make it to Stranraer?

No critical rust near anything that would scare the MOT man?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

As far as I remember from briefly having it up in the air it was pretty clean looking underneath, I couldn't see anything that was a cause for concern. I think it would make it to Stranraer easily enough.

I'm hoping another shiter is going to use it to A-frame another car that I want rid of over the weekend.