Renault 30 TS - video added!

doubleyeller

Had a few PMs asking to sell already lol!

£20 a ticket roffle to end all roffles is a good idea methinks! Then we can close down Autoshite and all go home - we'll never top that!

My mate has seriously fallen in love with it.........unfortunately his wife sees things very very differently!  8)

Am I the only person that likes a metallic brown car?

No, I think I may have bought my latest E Class just because it was metallic brown.

That 30 is beautiful , are those Boutique alloys?

When I was 19 i had what were then called Ugandan discussions with an American woman in the back of her husbands Renault 30. Ironically she wouldn't let me drive it, because he didn't like anyone else driving his car !

Everyone should have a metallic brown car in their life. I once bought a car just because it was that colour, a Havana Brown Scirocco.

"Marron Glace" sounds better though. Although at first glance I thought it said "Marrow Glace" but that's more of a BL 1970s thing, metallic marrow.

Metallic brown.......proof you can't polish a turd!

Actually, my parents had a 2 tone metallic brown and beige Nissan Prairie when I was a kid.........

Back in my Renault bothering days (Yes, I did used to love the product of the Reg!) I had a 30. Think it was a TX (did they do the TX in 30 flavour - God my memory is shit!) and it was bloody awesome. Took it in p/x against a newer 25 and feared I'd be stuck with it forever so priced the buy in accordingly. It was bloody mint! about 50K on the clock, silver (which wasn't so boring back then) with black leather and an auto box that slurred away with the best of them. The old lass could pick up her skirts and run when prodded as well!

Stuck it in Autotrader when it was required Friday morning 'on the bog' reading at 'silly price' which if ever achieved would make me VERY happy and fuck me if the bastard didn't sell on that first Friday for near full price!

I was  gutted as it was a really cool old lass and I was quite enjoying her as it was so like a 20 (so practical and spacious) but with so much more. I sold it to a bloke I met outside Newton Abbot racecourse. How come I can remember that but nothing else?

Also, am I missing a 'whoosh parrot' here but didn't Michelin own Renault?

Back in my Renault bothering days (Yes, I did used to love the product of the Reg!) I had a 30. Think it was a TX (did they do the TX in 30 flavour - God my memory is shit!) and it was bloody awesome. Took it in p/x against a newer 25 and feared I'd be stuck with it forever so priced the buy in accordingly. It was bloody mint! about 50K on the clock, silver (which wasn't so boring back then) with black leather and an auto box that slurred away with the best of them. The old lass could pick up her skirts and run when prodded as well!

Stuck it in Autotrader when it was required Friday morning 'on the bog' reading at 'silly price' which if ever achieved would make me VERY happy and fuck me if the bastard didn't sell on that first Friday for near full price!

I was  gutted as it was a really cool old lass and I was quite enjoying her as it was so like a 20 (so practical and spacious) but with so much more. I sold it to a bloke I met outside Newton Abbot racecourse. How come I can remember that but nothing else?

Also, am I missing a 'whoosh parrot' here but didn't Michelin own Renault?

Your experience of 30 owning is unusually positive! I have heard from others who could only trade them in against Skoda Estelles and the like....

When I bought my first Hyundai Stellar (brand new) in 1986, the dealer refused to take my Renault 20 (BCF225T) in part exchange.  I can't remember whether I scrapped or sold it.  It was rusty, mainly the front wings, MOT'd and reliable.  Later I developed a liking for Estelles and Rapids and have had several, but this strange affliction had not matured sufficiently in 1986.  Shame.

When I bought my first Hyundai Stellar (brand new) in 1986, the dealer refused to take my Renault 20 (BCF225T) in part exchange.  I can't remember whether I scrapped or sold it.  It was rusty, mainly the front wings, MOT'd and reliable.  Later I developed a liking for Estelles and Rapids and have had several, but this strange affliction had not matured sufficiently in 1986.  Shame.

I bet you never found a more comfortable motor than your old 20 though!

Already got a full set of blue leather thanks, but should I need them in future, I'll get on to you! Whats the story behind them?

My dad's last car was an R30 TS. After he died the Renault sat in the garage for a couple of years, then was scrapped. I took the rear seats out meaning to make a sofa from them. I still haven't got round to it.

I bought a 30TX which went to Ratdat. I didn't have time to get it running so still haven't actually driven one.

Dad had the 30TS which suffered with carb issues (TADT) and an occasionally wobbly auto box (TADT). My brother had a 20TL which needed rust repairs to the doors and wings at 5 years old.

They are cavernous old wafters. I remember when dad bought the 30 in 1983 he wanted it for the hatch. Choice was between the 30, the Audi 100 Avant, or an SD1. Dad didn't like SD1s after collecting a new one in 76 and the thing falling to bits before it got home - fusebox cover fell off, choke handle snapped and the central locking switch fell into the driver's door. On a car with 100 miles on the clock that's bad news. Besides, in '83 the R30 cost him £600. Not bad for a low mileage 8 year old V6 barge. Laguna II money.

I remember being amused by the play on words, "Renault Coty," when the 9 won car of the year back in about 1982. In Car I think - or possibly Autocar. Renault was so proud they put a pop up cardboard Renault 9 advert in a number of the magazines, which was nice.

I'm not sure what relevance any of this has to this magnificent Thirty.

My schoolmate's parents used to have various 30TS and 30TX injection in the 70s and 80s, always the latest gallic velours lounges with a gearknob. And always the only R30 in the whole county, surely causing the Renault dealer to secretly crack a bottle of champagne everytime a new big R was ordered. Very plushy brown and later blue interiors where you could listen to the distinctive PRV DRRRRRR,(shift) DRRRRRR! A noise to remember. Also noticeable was the Bssssss at the car's tail coming from the Bosch fuel pump on the injected cars. Great times!