MIDLANDS MASSIV UNITE Featuring Scotoshite! 4-3-17

davidfowler2000

Who is the gent with the big yellow bus btw? Is it davidfowler2000?

I ask because a junk shop near my folks has got a couple of Hong Kong bus books from the 1990s for £2 each. One is a sort of spotters guide with photos and bus numbers from about 1997 and the other is a pictorial of HK bus advertising with lots of bus pics, again 97 or 98.

Happy to pick them up and bring them with me if a Scottish bus fan will reimburse the monies.

(Assuming they'll still be there in two weeks time)

On the A5 approaching from the M6 it's on your right hand side after about 1.6 miles. If you bollocks it up then there's a roundabout at the Vauxhall dealer half a mile further down the road.

You go past the Hollies truckstop on the left first. It's not this one!

On the opposite side to the Truckers Rest is a big shite/tat yard. I'm sure there's an UMM parked outside, and a couple of Minors.

Has anyone got a pair of coach seats or similar with belts?

YES, someone has!

It's a pair of seats with belts from the ex-CMS Transit camper conversion that Moog was doing. Will donated a pair to us for my sis to put in her work van, but she never turned up for me to do it. They're yours if you want them Tim, FOC, natch.

CHEEEARS!!!! can't knock an offer like that. Now I'll be able to take the whole family out for runs in the countryside. 

Don't spose you're going to the Cannock meet?

I'm not coming, but I can get the seats to someone who is...

ANYONE NEAR MANCHESTER RING-ROAD OR BETWEEN THERE AND SKIPTON PLEASE HELP:

Can you store a pair of ex-Moog minibus seats from this Monday morning and take them to the meet for LankyTim please?

My brother Will (explosive-cabbage) will be collecting us from the airport Monday, but on the way to the airport he can drop these off if there's anyone willing. There doesn't necessarily need to be anyone at home, he can drop them over a garden wall or something.

Edit, as it's short notice, I will now put this in a group PM to those I think may be on the way to MAN, just in case you're not all watching the thread. If you think you can help and you don't get a PM, please message "explosive-cabbage" on here, as I will be in "flight mode" from Sunday afternoon (returning from Thailand).

TL;DR: Manc shiters HLP PLS. Ta!

Bloody hell!

We're booked in at Premier Inn Cannock South - the one that backs on to the auctions. We booked a couple of weeks ago and got it for £32 a night but even when we've booked before on the actual week of the event it usually doesn't go above £45

For those requiring accommodationering in and around Cannock:

Premier Inn x 2

Holiday Inn (you can negotiate this to cheaper rates than the Purple Palaces)

The Cottage bed and breakfast by the chase (not a bad place, old fashioned though)

Roman Way (next door to the Voxpop dealer)

The Barns (nice place)

Oak Farm (nice)

Then you've got the surrounding towns like Rugeley, Penkridge, Hednesford has a motel called The Joshua Tree that always has live music.