530 d manual se boston green shite

kinkersaab

Taken as a part ex tonight, pics tomorrow if interest.

170k mot april v86hes. Type 49 wheels (rare) greenish grey leather, towbar. chap i got it from bought it of the original owner who had it until last year. Drives brilliantly other than what feels like a fucked shocker , n/s/f. £800. Interior is spot on and body looks it, but bloody filthy, a wash and pics tomorrow will tell a better picture. Any interest? Car in aberdeenshire.

Vehicle Identification Number WBADL72020BY92431

Type DL72

Model 530d - EUR

Development Code E39

Chassis LIM

Steering RL

Doors 4

Engine M57

Displacement 3.00

Power 142

Drivetrain HECK

Transmission MECH

Color Oxfordgruen Metallic - 324

Upholstery Standardleder/steingruen - N6GN

Production Plant DINGOLFING

Production Date 1999-07-20

Options

266 Lt/aly Wheels Radial Spoke 48 Lm Raeder/radialspeiche 48

302 Alarm System Alarmanlage

428 Warning Triangle Warndreieck

431 Interior Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-d Innenspiegel,automatisch Abblendend

441 Smokers Package Raucherpaket

473 Armrest, Front Armauflage Vorn

500 Headlight Washer Sys/intensive Cleaning Scheinw.waschanl./intensivreinigung

534 Automatic Air Conditioning Klimaautomatik

540 Cruise Control Geschwindigkeitsregelung

694 Preparation For Cd Changer Cd-wechsler Vorbereitung

773 Wood Trim Edelholzausfuehrung

812 England Version England/irland Ausfuehrung

850 Add Fuel Tank Filling For Export Zusaetzl. Tankfuellung Export

863 Europe/dealer Directory Service Kontakt-flyer Europa

877 Deletion Cross-over Operation Ueberkreuzbedienung Entfall

880 English / On-board Documentation

Supernaut to the floor, please.

RWD six cylinder diesel inbound.

I'm tempted to try and get a look at this on Sunday.

But... £800 seems (to me, used to Autoshite prices maybe) salty for something with a fucked shock. What else could be wrong with it? My current car is mechanically solid but worthless on the open market, so if I'm spending out on something (I'll need to because of previously mentioned worthlessness) I'd want it to be mechanically pretty good. A fucked shock (as far as the seller can see) is a red flag to me because it instantly makes me wonder what else it may be hiding. Also, no history. On a 530d?

GLWTS.

But... £800 seems (to me, used to Autoshite prices maybe) salty for something with a fucked shock. What else could be wrong with it? My current car is mechanically solid but worthless on the open market, so if I'm spending out on something (I'll need to because of previously mentioned worthlessness) I'd want it to be mechanically pretty good. A fucked shock (as far as the seller can see) is a red flag to me because it instantly makes me wonder what else it may be hiding. Also, no history. On a 530d?

GLWTS.

If in doubt,over "what might be wrong" with a 18 yr old 170k sub grand big german diesel, probably best you avoid.  As there is bound to be other issues waiting to bite one on the arse....  its the nature of the beast.With big old shitters, the best way is to not spend what you cant afford to lose.  :)

GLWTS.

Are you serious?

A fucked shock isn't the end of the world. It's cheap.

Thanks for above positive comments.No offence taken Supernaut, dinna worry. I certainly would never knowingly sell a fucked car, but nor would i gaurantee an old thing like this wouldnt be a total nightmare, and equally wouldnt expect any thanks or extra money if it turned out to be a faultless peach for years to come. you pays your money and takes your chance.  I am selective with who I sell old shit to, there is the right man for every car. Life is too short to sell old potentially crap stuff to the wrong man,.  :)  The easiest way to avoid problems is to bung it to auction, but then everyone assumes its totally fucked and no one buys it . This way you can see, drive and prod about and make your own mind up.