Dollywobbler's Omegawd - Cruisin' (old people can do it too)

dollywobbler

Well, the worst that can happen is that it fails spectacularly and I catch a train home. Or buy something on the fly...

Straight to Bridge and buy something for 200 quid or less in a five mile radius. Sounds a win win to be fair! He who dares rodders, he who dares.

That's true, but I was referring to the sentence that police aren't interested in no tax. That may have been the case last year but certainly isn't now.

Tax and insured is a must.

What has happened in the last year re road tax? I didn't think the Police even had a locus in no tax cases any more. I thought only DVLA had an interest.

As the tax is on DD, and due to stripping, having painted and then rebuilding my black MR2 in time for my mates wedding - plus about three weeks standing at the painters - I never had time to have the car tested (it would have failed on no rear fog fitted).

I drove that about a thousand miles in five days, including Durham to Somerset and back.

I got clocked speeding on the M5, and had a letter in the post from Avon & Somerset plod, so they will have known. The MoT was out by three months at the time.

I then proceeded to use the car on a semi-regular basis until I took it off the road in October. I was happy to do so because the car is otherwise tip-top, and I had decided I was moving the rear fog into the light cluster and titting on with diodes, which I still haven't done...

YOLO bruv!

I have had other cars out of test, some I knew of and some I never, and had traffic cars behind me and nowt was said.

My dad had no test for about ten months on one thing he had. He was unaware/hates cars.

In conclusion, Go DW, go!

What has happened in the last year re road tax? I didn't think the Police even had a locus in no tax cases any more. I thought only DVLA had an interest.

They didn't. They do now since November.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/OpExcise?src=hash

RPU - Surrey PoliceVerified account â€@SurreyRoadCops 25 Oct 2016

•  

Standby Standby… From 1st November 2016, @SurreyRoadCops and @SussexRoadsPol will begin seizing untaxed vehicles as part of #OpExcise

I'm in a shite-tastic VW Golf Mk3, not the expected Delica. It has a misfire, a knackered wheel bearing and many Pogweasels.

I'm told the only thing worse than changing the front wheel bearing on a Mk3 Golf is changing the front wheel bearing on a Mk4 Golf.

Misfire is coil unit if it isn't plugs or leads. (Usually - except when it's HGF or damaged pistons or....)