Just want rid.....

purplebargeken

My ability to be bothered to deal with stuff is fading away rapidly, almost as quickly as my mood is dropping again. I cannot be arsed frankly. So, does anyone want to take the Golf and the Volvo S40 on?

The mileage on the Volvo is sub 100, 000 miles. The Golf is around 130, 00 something or other.

The Volvo comes with alloys and a black leather interior. I haven't fitted them and likely won't as I no longer have the energy or motivation. It's MOT'd but I can't recall for how long. Given the bits I bought for it, would £175 be acceptable?

The Golf has a decent length of MOT, a GTi interior and is pretty solid all over bar a bit on the bottom of each front wing. It drives really nicely but the oil light is on full time now with the fitting of a new sensor. I was going to get another sensor but I can't be arsed. New sensor, drop the sump and clean the gubbins seemingly sorts these. Again, I have no energy or motivation. £100?

The NYPD-a-like Ford Mercury is also on the list. Nice tidy thing with great graphics, cop lights and a creamy smooth engine and transmission. The MOT has expired and the exhaust will need a patch towards the tailpipe. That should sort it out for a test.

Looking for £1500 or thereabouts. 

I'm going to keep the Alfa for now.

Just need less things to deal with and stress over tbh. 

Cheers

Ken

If anyone wants to do a swap/p/x then am looking for a petrol engined Transit minibus, or similar, even a Zafira/Meriva if they are big enough for a 5' 10" bloke to lay down in as I need to get a camper type thing organised just so as to escape the fuck away from shit at times.

Is it worth just shutting the barn doors for a month or so and focusing on health and well-being?

I sold a car rashly last year and will never ever be able to get one back for that sort of money again. I'm gutted.

Think about it. They don't all have to work perfectly all of the time. In fact, they rarely do.

Somebody take on that Mercury, it's a bloody lovely car!  At least it was when I had it.  FWD and electronics were my only complaints really.  The 3.0 V6 is creamy smooth and plenty powerful enough, IIRC even the cruise control works, which doesn't on my present Cadillac!  Whoever takes it will find the seats and suspension really comfy too.  It's no bigger than a Jag, or Volvo 940, so not too difficult to handle on UK roads, apart from sitting on the other side.  You'll soon adjust!

Would be nice to see it stay in the "family."

Cheers mate. The cruise control does indeed work as Duncan put it to very good use on the way down from Oop North.

In an ideal mood stable kind of world then it would stay, same as the Golf but I am at my limits nowadays and I can't exactly stealth camp in a NYPD liveried car lol.