Navigation Rallies - shite cars going the speed limit!

The Moog

The girlfriend's brother was banging on recently about his Moto GP marshaling but that's nothing, I get to Marshal a Blackburn bin compound.

Yeah but does he get a free McDonalds for lunch? I think that is 1-0 to you

I was once asked not to take part in the second round of a JDC gymkhana/autotest , it was on grass at Billing Aquadrome and the genteel concours XKs and E-Types were carefully avoiding the canes and flags at little more than walking pace. There were only about 6 competitors and the commentator asked if any non- members in the crowd* thought they could do better...

Enter cocky 26year old gobshite with a brand new 4.0 manual XJ6 ( that wasn't his) lots of flying turf and dirt, and a couple of flattened canes later there was a new leader. I did notice the spectators move back from the tape a bit, but then they also cheered at the donut round the final cane.

The be-blazered, retired Colnel type came over and suggested it might be better that I quit whilst I was ahead( and everyone still alive)

Don't worry Im much more sensible now and haven't got a suitable car anyway.

Unless I win 83C's S430 on Wednesday...

I really fancy a shot at this sort of thing. I just need a suitable vehicle. I have taken part in a similar event with the 2CV some years ago. I beat a Golf GTI! But, I really fancy having a go in something else. Something fairly small and agile. Like a Proton. Ah.

The Moog and I are 'competing' at EventCity Manchester in September, the 20th I believe, alongside the Footman James show.

You're more than welcome to come along and share the Mills O'Matic Eunos....

Well we are entering the Sunday Autotest that is being held in Event City Manchester. It is part of FJ classic show.

I think it is charity rides, so you are the driver and a random pays to be a passenger.

Each car can be run by up to 4 drivers so you are more than welcome to come and use the puma.

Also included in entry price is tickets for the show.

Plus I think they said we will be sharing track with some Group B cars!

Edit: cross post - what he said... Goes for anyone who fancies it.