Navigation Rallies - shite cars going the speed limit!

The Moog

• 2 months later...

Next set of autotests is happening on 1st & 2nd December at junction 4 on M65. 

The club are offering half price entry to anyone new so a day of Autotesting will set you back £15. 

I am likely to be doing the 1st December with my Nephew, but if anyone fancies giving it a try you can borrow the mx5 to have a go - we can share with up to 3 drivers for one car. If you have got kids then from 14+ they can drive the car (and that include mx5 but will have to put the hood up). 

I honestly cant rate it enough and it is a good day out. 

if anyone fancies it then let me know and I can sort out more details. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's raining.

The runners and riders

Bucketeer - previous holder of fastest time of the day, winner of the autotest jersey of greatness - odds on favourite

car - NB 1.8 mx5 manual, track prep, LSD, abs, roll cage

Njgleeds - previous class winner. Known for his concentration face. Not in his usual low compression Auto mx5 - yet to be seen whether help or hinderance. 2-1 to take the class crown

Car - NA 1.6 mx5 manual, lowered, LSD

MoN - not on here but owner of the bucketeer steed. Last time out only managed one clean run - known as the cone killer. 10-1 outsider

The Moog - rainy conditions saw his one and only triumph in an autotest. Legally it has to be pointed out bucketeer didn't attend said event. Can he reproduce his rain form or will he be an also ran, very much a flair driver. Owner of the njgleeds steed. 3-1 with little money down on him

The Moog's little brother - event virgin which could be a blessing in disguise. Past achievements mainly based on speed in a straight line. 25-1 long shot

AOB - AVO is its last competitive outing so a moment's silence will be held before prize giving.

Results are in

Overall winner was...... Njgleeds

Obviously the auto was holding him back. He won overall in the Autosolo and second fastest total on the day.

Only 4 seconds or so behind him over a total of 12 runs was Bucketeer. I think he is a changed man!

He took the class win with a total time of around 400 seconds for the day.

8 seconds behind him on the day was The Moog. A massive improvement in the young man, a more considered and controlled approach. Second in class and 4th fastest all day.

A touch further back with 420 for the day was MoN. Avoiding the cones, the driving skills are coming along nicely.

Moogs little brother came in at 460 ish for the day. Perhaps not walking the course in the morning may have cost him as he got two failed attempts by going the wrong way.

Only issue with AVO was a lack of tyre pressure with the first set of runs resulting on tyre folding under itself. 22 psi was the fault - pumped to 30 it sorted some of the issue. Chatting with experts and they said 40 psi for rain sports will fix that .

4831afb4e6a1575319c04acd229621dc.jpg1eb83a4f98ed00bdfdae0646f26bbfac.jpg27d9c94ca48dc0f4616c75c2c60f0f2c.jpg

If anyone fancies it the dates for next year

16th/17th February 2019  M65 Junction 4 services

19th May 2019  Lymm Truck stop M6/M56 junction

23rd June 2019  Lymm Truck stop M6/M56 junction

3rd /4th August 2019  M65 Junction 4 services

7th/8th  December 2019  M65 Junction 4 services

• 3 months later...

Next autotest is 19th at Lymm services.

If anyone fancies coming along they are more than welcome to borrow my mx5 to have a go.

There is a half price offer for people doing their first event. So would be £15 for the day.