Vauxhall Omega Elite, 1997, in need of saving.

danthecapriman

I know what we could do...

How about all those interested buy me nice gifts and whoever gets me the best gift can have the car! Easy and I would be happy to let this happen!

Seriously though, if you turn up at home with this thing your other half will love it and you for getting it! It's a beauty! How could anyone be pissed off having this sat on the drive?

I can't help but feel a white 2.0 8v Select with an automatic would be a prime contender for 'Most Horrendous Base Spec'.

I had a 2.0 Carlton manual years ago, I can only imagine how slow an auto would be. Shame they didn't carry over 1.8 8v auto powertrain to Omegas for ultimate shiteness.

Many MANY years ago SnrYoof tasked me with finding the much coveted 3.0 engined Diamond spec estate. Plenty of 2.0 Diamonds and Diplomats but the 3.0 seemed to be insanely rare even when Carltons weren't particularly old.

He got a Senator in the end. Shortly after this when MotherYoof's Audi 100 Avant popped its clogs literally the next day a burgandy Carlton 3.0 12v CDX estate came up for sale less than half a mile away.

I know the numberplate was G---ONE but unfortunately the middle digits are hazy. I bloody marvelled at how slow and thirsty that thing was, although it sounded terrific.

I can't help but feel if the Signum had been RWD it'd have created a bit more of an impact in the Autobahn stormers scene. Saying that I wouldn't put it past Vauxhall to bring the Omega back at some point...

Many MANY years ago SnrYoof tasked me with finding the much coveted 3.0 engined Diamond spec estate. Plenty of 2.0 Diamonds and Diplomats but the 3.0 seemed to be insanely rare even when Carltons weren't particularly old.

He got a Senator in the end. Shortly after this when MotherYoof's Audi 100 Avant popped its clogs literally the next day a burgandy Carlton 3.0 12v CDX estate came up for sale less than half a mile away.

I know the numberplate was G---ONE but unfortunately the middle digits are hazy. I bloody marvelled at how slow and thirsty that thing was, although it sounded terrific.

I can't help but feel if the Signum had been RWD it'd have created a bit more of an impact in the Autobahn stormers scene. Saying that I wouldn't put it past Vauxhall to bring the Omega back at some point...

I am saddened to say that I don't think Vauxhall will bring it back. There wouldn't really be a big market for a large mass market saloon made by a non-premium manufacturer here.

Nonetheless, I would love Vauxhall to bring it back. Since GM has started selling Astras and Insignias in America badged as Buicks, they would even have the perfect vehicle to bring over here in the shape of the, 3.6, 310 BHP, Buick LaCrosse.

2017-buick-lacrosse-official-photos-and-

2017-buick-lacrosse-inline-1-photo-66413

I am saddened to say that I don't think Vauxhall will bring it back. There wouldn't really be a big market for a large mass market saloon made by a non-premium manufacturer here.

Nonetheless, I would love Vauxhall to bring it back. Since GM has started selling Astras and Insignias in America badged as Buicks, they would even have the perfect vehicle to bring over here in the shape of the, 3.6, 310 BHP, Buick LaCrosse.

2017-buick-lacrosse-official-photos-and-

2017-buick-lacrosse-inline-1-photo-66413

There are few new cars I really like. But the insignia is properly handsome. My mums husband has a fully loaded estate with the fancy wheels and it's far far nicer than the equivalent audi or BMW IMO.

That Buick would be the perfect Omega

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Someone should buy it then roffle it on here ;)

It had crossed my mind to take both the Volvo and the Omega at the same time and bring them back home with me. Then get the Omega MOT'd and either sell it on or roffle it - as long as my costs were covered out of it then all good.

But I'm well and truly at max capacity now with the Volvo here and besides that, as I'm on the south coast it'd just make most other people who might want it have to travel that bit further to get it.

As it is it's reasonably central (in England anyway!) so should be a bit better for collection.

Edit:

Are these diesel Omegas able to do the veg thing?

If there's anyone in the Bath area that either fancies lending a hand with tinkering, and/or knows a decent garage, I'm all ears. Naturally, the dream scenario is to turn up, start it up and drive home, but I'm aware that this isn't necessarily achievable. It's a bit too far for me to want to drive over, check all is well and then drive home, get a train and THEN drive it home. Though I'm aware that the last time I tried driving a long-standing car home didn't go entirely well (only an alternator and one AA call out to be fair, though that one did have MOT!)

There isn't a queue of Shiters already, waving wads of notes?  Are you all asleep or something?

When I bought my MV6, saloon off JohnK last year, my requirements were a) Not a diesel one, and my wife's Requirements were B) Do not buy an estate.

Now I have spent time on OOF and Joined Autobaunstormers, I now realise we were both wrong.

I can not justify having too ridiculously large cars, and the 3.2 is the first car in years that has really made me smile.

I guess a 20 year old high mileage car lacking MOT and covered in moss, which leaks diesel, and has a small amount of rust is almost worthless on the none auto-shite open market

That said IF it needs saving, and IF it were free, or there was a roffle where the ticket price reflected it's current status (i.e. a £3 ticket), I would take it and spend some money to bring it back into use. I guess that I could justify it via man maths.    

I might have to crowd fund a divorce.

Completely off topic, but would the technical term be "MY Step Dad"

I'll get my coat and be off. :gen080::food-smiley-015::dog::happydance:

I guess so though as she re married when I was an adult with my own kids etc he didn't do the dad thing with us, plus my real dad is still with us. I like him, he's a great guy but step dad isn't how I know him I guess

Just found this little kit on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Omega-2-5-TD-Diesel-Pump-Repair-Kit-Bosch-VE-Pumps-DC-VE008-/271926113110

I have no idea wether or not it'd be possible to sort the pump leak on the driveway before trying to drive home though?

It seems a lot cheaper than a replacement pump!