SAAB - WBOD PRICE DROP £295 or £5 a ticket, 12 Months MOT - WEDS DRAW! SOLD OUT!

Guest Hooli

Its pissing it down & dark here, ideal weather to drive bloody miles to deliver a goona2 & then travel onwards to collect new chod..

Leaving about 9am, after bacon. I might or might not update this during the day depending how lazy I am....

ROFFLE LIST - http://autoshite.com/topic/27037-saab-wbod-£350-or-£6-a-ticket-will-have-13months-mot-20-tickets-left/?p=1612396

Home safe.

The drive home cured the back ache this morning's drive caused. SAABs have great seats don't they?

Once I worked out the cruise control, never owned a car with that before, I just set it to 70 and wafted except for the roadworks where I wafted at 50. It's showing 38.6mpg which more than I expected to get.

Is, thanks for being a great seller. Just a couple of questions, it pinged at me about low coolant when I was almost home, does it use some? Plus it smells a bit of oil now, is it leaking somewhere?

I'm chuffed with it though, should last me a few years and I hope to get it to 250k at least.

2.3 petrol turbo auto! Shows what wafting can do to save monies.

I've been out n topped the water up now, didn't need much but the cap was loose. That along with a few coolant drips on the outside of the header tank explains where it went.
Sat n read the handbook while it cooled from the 187miles home so now I know what the buttons do too.
Gonna replace couple of bulbs in the hvac controls because dark buttons annoy me. Plus replace the 'stat as it gets cold on a run, almost fell right down to cold on the gauge after an hour on the motorway & the heater started to struggle to heat. Nowt to do apart from that, it's great.

No idea, I just paid a garage to put them in.

Steering has always made that noise, a groaning just off centre? It went away for a few days when I put a new drive belt on it & then came back.

Only just seen this thread! Thread title confused me.

A couple of HVAC bulbs died. Replacement bulbs aren't that cheap, however 12v model train bulbs should solder straight into the holder and are a lot cheaper. I intended to do it but never got around to it. I desoldered some of the old bulbs from their holders (I think more bulbs have gone since), so should be pretty straight forward to replace cheaply.

I'm rooting for it to get to 300k! Tbh, along as the gearbox doesn't crap itself I reckon the engine and body should be able to do it. Especially if it continues to do motorway runs.

Forgot to mention, apart from the oil+filter, coolant and Gearbox mount, I've also done the spark plugs and the pollen filter looked pretty fresh. Plugs are probably helping fuel economy. Air filter is in the bottom right of the car. Need to look up from underneath. Bit of a wierd position. Not checked/changed it as I didn't have a spare when I did the oil+filter & coolant.

^

There's a bloke on eBay who sells Saab dashboard bulbs far cheaper than the remaining dealers sell them for :)

Cool. I'll take a look, thanks.