SAAB - WBOD PRICE DROP £295 or £5 a ticket, 12 Months MOT - WEDS DRAW! SOLD OUT!

Guest Hooli

Temp gauge is fine and I had this issue before I put the snake oil in.

I need to look closer at WIS but I think there are two small rubber hoses off the back of the waterpump & one of them may connect to the heater return, so if that blocks up then it'd cause the issue I'm getting.

As before I'm ignoring the waterpump until I move as I need it working. Especially at the moment as my bike is in bits awaiting a throttle cable. The supplier being helpful* noticed I'd setup a new account so merged with my old account & sent it to the old delivery address. Handy that as the only reason I  setup a new account was because their system refused to save my current address every time I updated it....

No idea, I've not even get around to checking if it's ever had a waterpump!

It's been changed twice since I've got it & flushes out clean. Which isn't to say it's not had snake oil in the past that's nearly blocked a hose or pipe.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can haz made discovery!

The trip computer is only four digits, this came up earlier & isn't counting any higher. So I don't know how far I've driven from that first petrol station with SiC anymore.

post-20217-0-87135700-1511292219_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

As it's the ideal day of the year for it, the Saab pinged up a 'Service is Due' message when I went shopping tonight. I'm busy tomorrow so it can wait till next week.

In other news, it's driving a lot better recently. I never knew it wasn't before but after I found a pipe to a sensor on the throttle body was loose & solved that things are better. The pipe goes to a sensor that then goes to the turbo, so I assume it's for measuring boost. That'd make sense as it's a lot more lively now it's got used to it (I fixed it before that run to Brum in the snow). Throttle response is a lot better at low revs now & it's much more willing, cross country speeds have gone up a lot as it wants to go not just cruise. I'm liking it.

Same as before, I think it's got a bit better but I don't often drive it in traffic long enough for it to get hot. I plan to strip the control unit when it's warmer & I'll the waterpump at the same time to try & sort the leak & resolve the heater issue.

Yes I buy oil because it falls out, but it'll need a filter for the service & dropping the sump gets any sludge out.

It's a rubber pipe on the front left of the TB as you stand in front of the car.

Oh & I've found out how to reset the service warning - ignore it & it stops after 20 ignition cycles.

ETA - I think it needs front subframe bushes too. I've noticed some of the clonks are not related to gear changes so I bet the box banging has killed the subframe bushes.Once I sort the box I'll look at them.

My order included the 'premium' Mann filter or it'd have been around £18. But I figured at 12k? intervals (I forget) a decent filter is important.

My order included the 'premium' Mann filter or it'd have been around £18. But I figured at 12k? intervals (I forget) a decent filter is important.

I saved a whopping £1.50 by opting for their "standard" filter for my ScAAB.

It's made by Purflux, who do OEM filters for Ferrari, so it should be good enough for my rusty old shitter !

I changed the oil & filter this morning & can report only two things of slight interest -

1) it's best to wake up first as having to jack the car back up to change the oil filter you forgot about is annoying

2) when you hold the clear button down to clear the service warning, even though it says it's cleared the trip computer after 4 secs it doesn't

• 1 month later...

I've just realised by finding this thread that I've had this car 13 months now, doesn't seem it. It's still my 'new' car in my head for some reason.

Anyway thought I'd try one of those DAB adaptors to see if the are any good as I'm sick of only one station on FM that I can listen to without wanting to hunt down & kill the morons babbling over the airwaves. First impressions are I'm not convinced, maybe it's my area but it keeps loosing signal. I guess I'll find out thursday when I drive to Scotland again.

Fitting them is easy, stick an ariel to the screen, hide the wire & plug it into the fag lighter. If I could have seen how to get the roof console out I might have got the wires a touch neater, but it's all hidden behind the mirror when driving anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Pics!

post-20217-0-47162700-1519571960_thumb.jpg

post-20217-0-06707400-1519571974_thumb.jpg

Oh & I topped up the oil n water ready for thursday along with hoovering it & cleaning the dash too, so now it's pinging I've got low coolant! I think it knocked the sensor with the funnel, it'll stop it after a day or two as I've done it before.

The co-pilot in the pic. it broadcasts on FM for the headunit to pick up, as there is no aux-in. It was about £40 on ebay.

I've seen instructions on how to add an aux-in, but it looked like a lot more effort so I decided to see how this goes first.

I've just realised by finding this thread that I've had this car 13 months now, doesn't seem it. It's still my 'new' car in my head for some reason.

And to think this car nearly ended up having a couple of easy bits stripped off and being cubed.

And to think this car nearly ended up having a couple of easy bits stripped off and being cubed.

Surprising isn't it?

One day I will fix the gearbox :D