For Sale: 04 54 Daihatsu Charade EL 5 door, £500, FSH, £30 tax, Leeds/Wakefield

2MB

The insurance runs out on my OH's buzz box tomorrow, and the Polo 9N that is replacing it has already caused me more grief than it has in a year. We'd be keeping it but we're expecting our second child and the double buggy won't fit in the boot.

It has been faultless, never once FTPd or even thought about it. A joint on the exhaust failed so I replaced the full system (you don't really get a choice as it's on piece from downpipe to tailpipe. No doubt the photos will be on the piss.

post-17931-0-18893400-1485527170_thumb.jpg

There we go. It's filthy but my hose nozzle froze and cracked last night, so I'll have to take it to the jet wash. The interior is also full of woman-detritus, in spite of me cleaning it out a couple of weeks ago. Better pics to follow when I've given it a going over.

post-17931-0-14334300-1485527476_thumb.jpg

post-17931-0-73169600-1485527591_thumb.jpg

post-17931-0-95458400-1485527661_thumb.jpg

post-17931-0-48726900-1485527747_thumb.jpg

It drives really well, the 989cc three pot is enough to make progress and sounds like half a Porsche. It does 45mpg on short journeys round the doors and I've had over 60mpg on a run. Tax is £30 a year. Full main dealer service histrory, just over 40k miles. Tyres are all fine tread wise. Federal on the back and nearly new ditchfinders up front. No leaks or any kind of fluid use. 3 former keepers before us, all giffers based on statistics. Interior is very good, bodywork not so great. There's a poor repair to a wheelarch (pictured) where somebody has brushed the pearlescant paint over a scrape. Our lass has added some more character: there's a dint in the boot lid where she reversed into my 205, one of the mirror covers has a little piece missing and the front bumper doesn't sit quite right. It doesn't look too shit overall (apart from the resemblance to a clown's car and being a highly camp shade of purple).

As I said, I'll get some better pics up when it's clean.

TL;DR: Mechanically perfect, as cheap to run as you can get, let down in parts by bodywork. Japanese reliabilty, Kei car size

These are absolutely brilliant cars. Had my 53 plate for 20k no issues. The old dear has had her 53 plate since 6mths old and 9k. Now has 100k on it and still flies through every mot with no issues. Motorway driving is no problems for these as I was doing Bristol to Petersfield twice a week in mine.

What's the Vespa like? Thought they were rather valuable? I'll have to check the history but I think the camber is less than 2 years since it was done. From memory it was changed at ~36k.

Aye they're really good on the motorway, quite long geared for something so tiny

Guest bangerfan101

I'm in Stanley. What would you take for pound notes Stirling this weekend? The Mrs would hate this so it's ideal for her.