1996 Rover 214 - £160 - SE London - £3 a pop, list on page 2

RobT

MoT: June 2017

Millage: 100,007 (turned over 100k yesterday)

I bought this last Saturday just to see what these R3s are like, and it’s great. Done a few late evening hoons and box now ticked, so would anyone be interested? Will give it a week before going to roffle.

Good points are MoTd until June, classic insurable being an early one, drives spot on and is huge fun, tyres all good albeit budgets, mingebag tax bracket (taxed to get you home), and it’s the 1.4 8 valve so pretty rare in these I think. Plenty of history and no signs of kettling.

Issues/foibles are central locking doesn’t work, heater blower only works on 3 and 4, wipers do some random thing where they don’t work properly on the intermittent setting, and the dashboard has trim rattles that could drive you insane (most of them binnacle related). Brakes are ‘progressive’, meaning the pedal has a bit of travel before anything happens. They work OK though and don’t need standing on or anything. Bodywork has a bit of grot around the rear arches, and some weird rust going on around the boot lid hinges (see pic). I assume it’s not about to fall off…

I’ll give it a wash and hoover this weekend as it needs a clean, and lob some cheapo Wilko wipers on as current ones are awful. V5 should arrive next week as the seller did the online keeper change on Tuesday (Gr9 DVLA service that one, A++).

post-5013-0-42275500-1485436804_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-81613100-1485436808_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-33342900-1485436811_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-47732600-1485436814_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-69591300-1485436818_thumb.jpg

post-5013-0-20560600-1485436819_thumb.jpg

My Aunt had a Rover 25 for what felt like ages and it was pretty decent actually. These early R3s have been on my 'to try' list for a while but I cannot purchase a car until at least August now. GLWTS, I'm sure at this bargain price it won't be around for long.

It's reminded me that there is actually a tidy P reg one near me, I'll grab a photo today or regret it forever otherwise when it disappears. 

On a £200 MoT'd car? Fuck me, I've really seen it all now.

Read it all rather than being funny. I said earlier in post I'd rather pay a Shiter over two month than a 100 quid Shiter off Gumtree. Insurance not so much an issue. Bit I haven't got 200 quid off the bat. Wish folk stop being stupid here.

I'm struggling to bite my tongue here but fuck it, that money comment you made got my back up, let just say that after all the hand outs you've had on here I'm amazed that you even the audacity to ask for monthly payments on a £200 car. I'm wouldn't even have dared to ask myself.

Well you'll just have to save up and use the bus in the meantime, won't you? Plenty of people can't afford a car, why should Rob offer you a monthly payment plan? It's not worth the hassle. If it was me I'd tell you to FRO.

I've done it before for folk on here too but fair enough that's your opinion. I do agree with the saving up actually now. I'm in no rush.

Trigger, I wont take your attitude no more towards me for no reason but I won't start a slanging match. I'll pm you. Feel free to share it about if you see fit.