SOLD: Moog's 2002 Mondeo MK3 2.0 Ghia TDCI - £120

smellypoo

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

ENTRED RAFFEL THEN CANCELED UNTRUSTWORTHY SHITER WLD NT USE AGEN

Forgive me Reverend Father, for I have sinned. :)

Much deliberation was had before I accepted the offer - they've bought it at the equivalent price to the roffle total so have donated toward forum upkeep and while the roffle is good fun, the temptation of the quick fix was too great.

Sadly they won't have get-you-home tax as I had to SORN it yesterday with it being the end of the month - I did (optimistically) think it would have sold before yesterday! 

Wait for the flashing glow plug light of doom!

Oh, ye of little faith! :)

I hope the car will stay in the fold (it's going to a longstanding member) - should the buyer sell it once bored/swapped with some other variety of automotive shite, it'll be interesting to see it continue to plod on. These things have a reputation for being scrapped due to DMF, injectors, turbo, fuel pump etc - but they sold so many of them, surely they're not all bad!

This one is mechanically good and drives well but is merely saying that tempting fate? SP Snr had it for a fair few years (from 2006 - yesterday) without any mechanical issues and it's had a fairly regular basic maintenance routine (fluids, filters, consumables) - I can't help think that a lot of the failures were due to poor/incorrect maintenance along with design vulnerabilities that became more apparent because owners/drivers didn't know/care about treating the car optimally. 

• 2 weeks later...

Right

I purchased this today and it is great. I really enjoyed driving it but it is surplus to requirements due to factors.

I would keep this but I will have to make my way down from the frozen north which will cost £60 plus diesel money to get back.

So happy to take a loss if this can be gone in next week.

£120 takes it.

V5 has been applied for so can be forwarded on when arrives

Ha ha ha ha ha I dont get it.

In programming you define data types for variables. As a basic analogy, think of a paper form where you need to fill in your details with a field for each piece of info (such as forename, surname, address, postcode, DOB etc) and those fields are split into little boxes for each character (so for DOB you might have 8 boxes, ddmmyyyy). On a computer, the data type for that field is DATE, with a particular format to hold the value - meaning that any number outside of 01-12 in the MM boxes is invalid, as is trying to type in non-numeric characters. INT and LONG both define a data type for a field that holds an integer value (no decimals, just whole numbers) but the difference is the maximum size of the number - LONG would be used where an INT field won't hold a number big enough.

That's a bit overly simple but should explain it... Although if you're not really interested or already know I've probably made a tit of myself! :)