Nottinghamshite! BMC tat hoard

mk2_craig

Loving the hot ADO16 action.  My father had a couple of Mk1s but before my time, he'd been persuaded over to Renaults by the time I came along.

Is Mk2Craig still around? I used to properly enjoy his hungover tat-spotting Channel Island Chod adventures.

mk2_craig

Member Since 10 Sep 2006
OFFLINE Last Active Oct 25 2016 02:46 PM

So maybe, sometimes.

The 65 was a bit of a polished turd, I bought it blind and drunk, was on the road they a company transporting it dropped it off the wagon then promptly reversed into the back of it. They paid for the damn and the car was stored. When I bought it I realised someone had flat plated all of the rot, floors boot floor etc and looked a right mess. I should have broke it myself but I did hope it would go back on the road.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My late father used to have a 1300GT many years ago that was white with a black stripe down

the side HNR105L so it was Leicestershire car too.The red one looks in really excellent condition.

The GT never seemed that spritely to drive as in all honesty two inch an quarter SUs are not really going

to generate neck snapping performance.

Whilst between company cars I bought a Wolseley 1300 with a mysterious vibration. The mystery solved

itself a couple of weeks later when the crank snapped on the way back home from Market Harborough.

The best one I ever drove was my wife's very basic red Morris 1100 in which we went to watch the stock

cars at Belle Vue one Boxing day. You could absolutely wring its neck and it would just seem to fly but

admittedly we came back home via Glossop,Chapel en le Frith and Chesterfield which suited it much more than

the M6. Happy days

My old man used to get a pov. spec 1100 with single central clock from the garage which serviced his LWB series Landrover. It was a much abused loan car and got used hard but was a good drive. They must have been a revelation when they came out compared with other early 60s stuff like Beetles.

What's a 1300 GT like to drive?  I have a mild Jones for one.

I owned one for a few months in 1980, red with a black interior. Performance back then was quite lively compared to anything comparable, good ride and handling as well. One of the few cars I've since regretted selling.

http://www.aronline.co.uk/reviews/tested-austin-1300-vs-triumph-1300/

• 1 month later...
  • mk2_craig changed the title to Nottinghamshite! BMC tat hoard
10 hours ago, mk2_craig said:

@sharley17194 found some better pictures and uploaded to page 1, do you know whether any more of these eventually made it back into use?

Yeah most of them made it back on the road, except the yellow mini and mk1 vp. The yellow mini was a storage shed and got scrapped when we moved. The mk1 vdp for an insurance write off and only bought for parts. The mk2 fiesta was also a write off and broken for parts. The rest I think went back on the road.