The £250 Zafira B - Fin. Bean can time!

beko1987

Guest Hooli

I guess the camshaft sensor could cause limp mode, without that it's guessing off the crank sensor for when to fire injectors/plugs etc. It won't know when the cylinders are on the firing stroke compared to the intake/exhaust stroke, loads of older cars & bikes are designed like this & used wasted spark etc but I suspect more modern stuff does it more accurately to get slightly better MPGs & OMGemissions.

I reckon so, then the turning on and off again 'fixed it'. The slight mayo in the coolant could be anything, not too worried about that now, because tbh if that's the worst it does it can bloody well stay with hgf until it goes properly. Nothing came up on the dipstick which is always the first thing I read when Ken was describing his current hgf woes.

Sounds similar to the occasional limp mode I get in the gooner when the whatever sensor it is doesn't get the right reading. Always fine after a restart. Might also explain my occasional blip of no power in 4th buT I'm ignoring that, I can afford to in a £150 laguna 2, the cheapest Zafira B is £1k on auto trader for a cat c 200k 1.6... Can't afford to not investigate a bit

You can sometimes get a bit more life out of duff cam/crank sensors by whipping them off, cleaning them and putting them back on. Not always and more for crank than cam.

If it’s oily as fuck when it comes out your camshaft oil seals are banjaxed.

That's my number one plan. Have it off and clean it. Also, the internet says the camshaft and exhaust cam sensor are the same part, so I might swap them round and if the code comes back, see if it's changed number on the code.

Amy's back from the chip run, says she's ragged the shit out of it and nothing came up. Will waft the app over it again in a bit and confirm, but it seems it's not the OMG she phoned me about this morning

• 1 month later...

So, the car has decided to have an issue. I've been ignoring the probably broken wires on the rear door, and today it didn't unlock whilst Amy was at the hospital. Luckily I am off work today, so I could go and fetch Charlie.

Back home now, and the vauxhall forums are ranging from a pile of shit to idiots, so I'm asking on here!

I've got the door card off, but cannot open either of the passenger doors. Have had the battery on and off, and read to connect 12v to the door lock wires which does something.

Fuck it, game for anything but nowhere does it say what wire to probe.

Anyone any ideas? These are the wires. I can get the diagrams for the big connector plug for the door, but that's no help. I think it needs a circuit throughout the whole central locking mech and it's not getting it

post-5612-0-95403000-1528904877_thumb.jpg

Dunno, don't think so, as we've been having the symptoms of broken wiring for a while now. The rear drivers door opens with the key, as does the drivers door but not the boot, or the passenger side. I need at least the front passenger door to open to get at the broken loom to fix it.

That's what happens apparently. It's been mentioned on here before but I've just forgotten to do it! HOWEVER, FINALLY, on page 437 of a thread, someone said to remove the SPEAKER, and therei s the multiplug, which I can pull back in, then very bastard fiddly bodge the wires together enough to get the door open, then fix it properly!

Amy's gone out in the gooner to collect Eva, so will have a look when she's back. Have that feeling about the job that it's going to be an ARSE!

It's frustrating!

Performing keyhole surgery via the speaker hole. 3 wires are fully snapped, 3 are breaking up but still connected. I've joined up the 3 broken wires temporarily, made sure nothing is touching, and nothing. The indicators flash so the module is getting some signal, but the deadlocks are not releasing.

The drivers side front and back are open (the back door randomly opened...) but the passenger side and boot have nothing.

Currently having a fag and writing this with all 4 big plugs removed in the boot fusebox (via the back seats) which apparently drains and resets something, but I'm not hopeful...

Plan C is to drive to town and call the AA, but what can they do?

Nothing.

If the REC disconnect/reconnect (the 'fuse box' in the back) doesn't allow doors to cycle to unlock then repair/replace the looms. Carefully. With no probing unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Does it have Multifunction ? Front fogs?

Cheers,

Sam

The drivers door opens, as it can be unlocked with the key. The rear drivers door is also unlocked which is bloody frustrating as all the other doors are deadlocked.

I stepped it up a bit earlier, ripping bits of trim out I found where the door loom to the dodgy door dives out of the car... So I cut the rubber gaitor off (will worry about that later and had the whole loom inside the car! Properly cut the wires down and crimped them together and...... NOTHING, just the indicator flash but no motor noise...

It's sat now with the battery off, which shall remain off for the next hour, in the last gasp hope of resetting the central locking module which I presume has shit itself with the shorting wires. If this does not sort it, I shall be driving it to work tomorrow so Amy can have the laguna which has 4 YES 4 bastard working doors (although only 2 working windows but we'll ignore that)

What bloody planet do we live on where a quality* german motorcar is less reliable than a £150 Renault Laguna 2?

If all of this does not work, I am right out of ideas... Anyone local to myself in Thame have an Opcom?

Nothing.

If the REC disconnect/reconnect (the 'fuse box' in the back) doesn't allow doors to cycle to unlock then repair/replace the looms. Carefully. With no probing unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Does it have Multifunction ? Front fogs?

Cheers,

Sam

Yes, multifunction with a dodgy CIM module... All I have done so far is connect the broken wires back up with the battery off and unplugged and replugged some multiblocks in, and checked both 10a central locking fuses