The £250 Zafira B - Fin. Bean can time!

beko1987

That's surprisingly not shit, given

1) it's a Vauxhall

2) it was only £250

Quite like the look of it, a world away from your typical doom blue wheeltrimmed mummymobile.

What, doom black with every wheel kerbed to shit?

She drove it to work today, and apparently 'it's quite fast'. There was only 20 miles of pez in it though so unless she can borrow £20 off her friend she's back in the meriva tomorrow!

I doubt it's the hose going from the washer pump to the washer jets on the scuttle that's blocked, on my Astra H it was always the Actual washer pump itself.

Did the SRi spec Zafira still have an armrest attached to the side of the drivers seat in 2008 or had it been cost cut from the spec by then?

Apparently the fuse layout in the handbook is wrong, and I need to look at another fuse...

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/zafira-windscreen-washer-pump-problems-help.203178/

I think I have some mini blade fuses somewhere, will try that tonight as technically it's gonna fail the MOT as it stands

On the Saab 9-3 (mostly a Vectra C), if the washer reservoir froze up and you used the pump it would not only pop the fuse but almost certainly kill the pump from being frozen internally. Happened to the 9-3 I had when my parents had it and the Saab+Vauxhall dealer warned it was a common thing every winter.

Ah good to know, reckon it's fairly accessible? I can see the reservoir just about, just require some lift to get my head up there!

Yes, it does have the arm rest! Didn't look in it actually, and it's shiney with dirt, but it's there!

I'm not sure, I whipped the front bumper off for access, I was a dab hand at that and had it down to about 5mins, I couldn't unfreeze my by myself, I reckoned it needed a new pump but took it to the local VX dealer where a mate was a service advisor and somehow they managed to unfreeze it, don't know what they did however.

I'm not sure on the Zafira but on the Astra it was fuse number 7 IIRC but as I said even on 10 plate Zafiras the washers fuse and tailgate fuse were the same so if the tailgate opens it's definitely not the fuse.

Yea the tailgate opens. Amy took it to the local garage at lunchtime, and showed them her tits or something and they changed a fuse (number 8 or number 7 I do not know though)  for no cost and apparently you can hear the pump now, but the liquid may be frozen in the pipes as her sister said she lobbed a jug of water in it in october...

She won't drive it far enough to warm it up, when I bring it into work I'll see if it defrosts then. I brimmed t up yesterday, which I regret now as a kettle of boiling water may have been better to defrost the lot. I just want to know it works before the bloody MOT so I don't stand there like a div saying 'I dunno why it doesnt work m8'. At least if I see it work I can say it's frozen, very sorry, there's £20 under the arm rest...

I have also found a front bumper in black for £40 locally on ebay, but from a 56 plate pre-facelift. So now I need to find out if it will fit our facelift model. Intro post has been made on the vauxhall owners forum place, I'll ask the question later and see how knowledgable they really are!

The engine has a habit of gumming up the breather pipe from the crank case to the head, in-line filter will fix that. And remember to keep your MAF clean! Otherwise the engine & running gear is about as undramatic as you'd hope...

Why thank you colleague who is sitting next to me talking about this right now! Anything will be easier than trying to get your damn manifold downpipe off your CRV on saturday, must post in the grumpy thread about that...

Yea the tailgate opens. Amy took it to the local garage at lunchtime, and showed them her tits or something and they changed a fuse (number 8 or number 7 I do not know though) for no cost and apparently you can hear the pump now, but the liquid may be frozen in the pipes as her sister said she lobbed a jug of water in it in october...

She won't drive it far enough to warm it up, when I bring it into work I'll see if it defrosts then. I brimmed t up yesterday, which I regret now as a kettle of boiling water may have been better to defrost the lot. I just want to know it works before the bloody MOT so I don't stand there like a div saying 'I dunno why it doesnt work m8'. At least if I see it work I can say it's frozen, very sorry, there's £20 under the arm rest...

I have also found a front bumper in black for £40 locally on ebay, but from a 56 plate pre-facelift. So now I need to find out if it will fit our facelift model. Intro post has been made on the vauxhall owners forum place, I'll ask the question later and see how knowledgable they really are!

A prefacelift front bumper will fit, BUT ONLY if you change the black plastic bumper mount/carrier that's riveted onto the front panel as the facelift carrier will be different.

Can buy the carrier from a Vauxhall dealer for around £20, it's drilling out the rivets holding it on and riveting the new one on that's the only tricky part.

I'd imagine there will be loads of facelifts being broken for spares though as the prefacelift was only out from 55 to 07 plate, Facelift was made from 07 right through to recently as a cheaper alternative to the newer Zafira Tourer so should in theory be easier to find a facelift than a prefacelift.

Windscreen washers fixed! They defrosted at some point today, but the output was still shit so I raided the sewing kit, and poked through the limescale and crap and now full service is resumed, along with a bit of a tweak of position. It'll get the insignia jet upgrade at some point though,and possibly a clean of the pump filter, and a steradent run through the system.

Gave the wiper blades a clean too as they were smeary and it's much better!

Also pushed the floppy bit of the broken bumper up above the not so floppy bit so it's only generally flappy rather than one bit hitting the ground.

Did look at tyre prices though, eek!

I might try to cable tie and moar gaffa tape for now, I need daylight really, and peel the many many layers of existing tape off and see what the score is. But yes, it might be cut off and taped to the plastic radiator holder or summat. I just got it off the road so it didn't annoy amy driving to work!

YYes, thems the tyre size, can get a westlake for £45,so not too bad, mitchelin is £97 though, it's not seeing those. Or I get hold of some 16" normal alloys for cheaper tyres, but touch wood amys never taken a tyre out, just worn them out, and the tyres all round on the zaf atm are very good, so not needed for a while (touch wood)

I got about that size on the goona for £52 at the garage we normally use.  TBH with that much rubber on the road shite tyres are fine, with twice the grip area you can have a tyre twice as bad & still get the same grip (if that makes any sense?)

225/45/17 isn't the size on that Zafira, because for a start those are 18" alloys. Probably find the tyre size is 225/40/18.

Regarding the front splitter, undo all the existing black tape and just snap the broken bit off, it won't look pretty but will look better than a taped on one, and if you can get the rest of the splitter unstuck from the bumper you're sorted because from memory there's another black rubber type splitter on the bumper anyway like the standard non XP kitted models have, so it won't look like any things missing, will just look like a non XP bumper, if I'm right and there is a standard rubber splitter as well, it's to do with the standard one giving more structural rigidity to the plastic XP one.

Infact whilst we are here, anyone got any experience with ebay gaffa tape? I bought a roll from our local car parts shop and its so shut I've never been back, and binned the rest of the roll. It cost £14 too, so much for shop local...

Anyone bought any decent stuff off ebay?

Do I succumb to marketing and try gorilla tape? Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112177172316

Unibond? Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282319739720

This stuff? Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161892015012

My plan is to peel all the old stuff off and have a laugh at the bumper, then tape it all back up again but better!

Reckon tigerseal would do it? It is strong when dried ill admit, maybe a roll of gaffa tape and a tube of tigerseal... I need to stick some bits of the xantia back down as well thinking about it

I sikaflex'd the interior mirror back on in the 406 last summer; it had been held on with trim tape but the casing is only about 4mm thick so it didn't take. Sikaflex, left it to go off for ten minutes, onto the windscreen and lots of masking tape. Still holding now, rock solid.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That Gorillatape does well, I've got some holding my wallet together and has been for over a year now. Not peeling off at all.

I did use some on a slightly mucky picture frame though and it didn't like that - surfaces have got to be 100% clean and grease free.