The £250 Zafira B - Fin. Bean can time!

beko1987

Mmm, I agree! All it's needed on 2018 is a set of tyres... It's planning something!

Still got to fix the back door though, it's been unplugged for the last 6 months because my bodge failed (wires are too stiff now and pull themselves out, my plan is to just hardwire the door to the loom...) but maybe as that's broken, nothing else will?

on the Meriva the wires to the hatch were a separate piece of loom that plugged in ,

I had to take mine out and rewire it ,  it was wired 1:1 on the connectors , pin 1 to pin 1 , pin 2 to pin 2  etc

I wonder if the Zaffy is a similar setup ?

or if its a rear door , pull the connector off the door and let if float around inside the door ,

post-21637-0-62009400-1549736741_thumb.jpg

lots of slack on the door loom to prevent it bending and breaking

That's exactly my plan, I'll just wrap the loom up to inside the door and let it do its own thing! Should get a few years out of it and if it's still around when they go again it's not a hard job to just fix a wire.

Its OK for now, but in the summer Charlie likes his window open

• 10 months later...

Well, this gets squished on Saturday! Well, maybe fixed up and sold, amy said its still going to asm but they expressed interest in it as a runner, rather than scrap (although they've not seen it yet...) 

As much as I don't love it I do appreciate it. Surprisingly fast, I've had many a chav in a golf 1.4 lowered with shit suspension before, it's big etc and it's not gone too wrong

Springs all round

Discs and pads

An service, once

Droplinks

4x alloys

In many thousands of miles. 

She's got hocked up to the tune of £3k to her new partner, so he truly owns her now, it's a 1.4 petrol octavia, 2009 apparently. Seems clean enough on paper (taking a bit of an interest for the kids sake, their both shit at cars! 

Poor Zafira is a lost cause though. 

Exhaust fully snapped the other day (the catalyst for this), whole lot is ropey

Overdue a service 

Needs 2 tyres

Front pads

Fuck knows when the cambelt was done in the last 130k

Needs a CIM module as its an mot fail regardless as the horn doesn't work

It was £250!

So fin. Farewell vauxhall, you truly were a bit shit! 

4 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Sounds like it definitely needs £3k worth of work. ???

I offered to do the work if she bought the bits, but the CIM module would not be fun as it would need a trip to vauxhall for a scan and the security code for it, then finding a non fucked CIM and a local person with an opcom to code it in. 

Plus the drivers side door loom hasn't snapped yet but I know it will, and never again! 

My mate had a mk 1 Zafira, lowish miles but never ever serviced, washed or cared for in any way. 

Driven 2 miles every day for about 8 years. never warmed up. 

Gave itto his sister who treated it in a similar shabby fashion. 

I was amazed to see it again yesterday - plated up as a taxi!