The £250 Zafira B - Fin. Bean can time!

beko1987

Given its a Astra H underneath, you should be able to get replacement seat buckle plastic from one of them too.

If you want to replace the radio with another Vauxhall unit, you need a Tech 2 to divorce + marry a replacement. Is the trip computer done through the head unit? If not, you may still keep the screen with an aftermarket stereo, just loosing the radio info.

Might be worth buying an op-com ebay special too.

Given its a Astra H underneath, you should be able to get replacement seat buckle plastic from one of them too.

If you want to replace the radio with another Vauxhall unit, you need a Tech 2 to divorce + marry a replacement. Is the trip computer done through the head unit? If not, you may still keep the screen with an aftermarket stereo, just loosing the radio info.

Might be worth buying an op-com ebay special too.

They need divorcing and marrying to change to another vauxhall head unit, but we have an aftermarket one. I've found the £40 adapter to keep the steering wheel controls, which are needed for the trip computer etc, and I need opcom/find someone with opcom to tell the car there is no head unit.

Not happening straight away though! There's a bit of card stuck in the cd player, so I'll have that apart one day and retrieve that and hope it works.

Currently waiting for a lady to come round to pick up a fixed hoover and amys going to lob a tenner of pez in and use it tomorrow.

There is only 1 buckle sans cover now, and that's the side the boys isofix seat goes in so not too much of an issue. As an mot bodge I might fit evas belt seat in there and leave it...

Front pads look a little low too, and thinking about I don't know if it has a locking wheel nut, I certainly haven't found the key...

Best way to sort out the ICE is to buy a radio and screen pair on eBay - no tech2 needed then

She will want her singing and dancing jvc back in, otherwise I'll have it in the xantia, but I did buy it as a birthday pressie for her years ago so that probably won't go down too well...

They need divorcing and marrying to change to another vauxhall head unit, but we have an aftermarket one. I've found the £40 adapter to keep the steering wheel controls, which are needed for the trip computer etc, and I need opcom/find someone with opcom to tell the car there is no head unit.

Not happening straight away though! There's a bit of card stuck in the cd player, so I'll have that apart one day and retrieve that and hope it works.

Currently waiting for a lady to come round to pick up a fixed hoover and amys going to lob a tenner of pez in and use it tomorrow.

There is only 1 buckle sans cover now, and that's the side the boys isofix seat goes in so not too much of an issue. As an mot bodge I might fit evas belt seat in there and leave it...

Front pads look a little low too, and thinking about I don't know if it has a locking wheel nut, I certainly haven't found the key...

Decent quality opcoms (they're all pretty much knock-offs on eBay) are the ones with the PIC microcontroller in them. The others are crap, as the Chinese have cut bits out to make them even cheaper. Quality knock-offs are £20 or so from a UK seller.

I have a Tech2 with Vauxhall software if you ever get stuck and in a pinch. I'm frequently travelling to Newbury, which isn't a million miles away from you. I know on Saabs, if you get a second hand part you need to know the VIN from the original car if it wasn't divorced originally. Most likely the same on Vauxhalls.

A quick eBay search comes up with quite a lot of second hand seat belt buckles. You may never know too, a Vauxhall dealer may not be too unreasonable for a proper replacement. Does this have cubbyholes under the mats/on the floor like the Scenic? Just wondering if the plastic might have been out there.

If I remember rightly from my Astra H owning days, the trip computer functions can be done from the left steering wheel scroll button, so technically speaking you can fit the JVC unit and just work that off the buttons on the radio, while using the steering wheel scroll button for going through all the trip computer displays and resetting them, HOWEVER I seem to remember that the time on the clock can't be changed with the steering wheel buttons, you need an OE Vauxhall radio for that for the settings button.

If it was mine I'd be getting a 2nd hand CDC40 stereo, with the graphic info display or colour Info display that it's paired to from EBay etc. As said that way they don't need married, divorced or paired, if you can, also get the speakers unique to the CDC40 as you'll be majorly impressed with the sound from an OE speakers and head unit setup.

The front left wheel is a VXR wheel which fits all VXR Vectras so would probably fetch about 100quid on ebay. The standard wheels are "Pentas" and are very sought after in Vauxhall circles so are worth mega coin aswell, they are at least worth what you paid for the car in the condition they are in because they are quite stylish IMO.

Get some tigerseal for the front bumper splitter and put it back on that way, cheap easy fix.

Looks like the 1.8 engine from the pics, probably the best engine for these, 140bhp IIRC so plenty powerful enough without the issues of the diesels or turbo petrols.

I think the colour is black sapphire so when cleaned, detarred, clayed, polished and a couple of coats of wax on will look superb because it's got flecks in the paint.

Even if beko could divorce his current head unit from his display screen, it would rely on that head unit being divorced from its original screen, however the CDC40 only works with the GID/CID screen, not the existing BID screen, and from memory 08 Zafiras had silver stereos and dashes so that unit wouldn't match with the rest of the dash, it is a bargain though.

If I remember rightly from my Astra H owning days, the trip computer functions can be done from the left steering wheel scroll button, so technically speaking you can fit the JVC unit and just work that off the buttons on the radio, while using the steering wheel scroll button for going through all the trip computer displays and resetting them, HOWEVER I seem to remember that the time on the clock can't be changed with the steering wheel buttons, you need an OE Vauxhall radio for that for the settings button.

The clock will be the issue I think, there's no buttons by the display like teh Meriva has, so I need adapters to make all that work without the OEM radio...

If it was mine I'd be getting a 2nd hand CDC40 stereo, with the graphic info display or colour Info display that it's paired to from EBay etc. As said that way they don't need married, divorced or paired, if you can, also get the speakers unique to the CDC40 as you'll be majorly impressed with the sound from an OE speakers and head unit setup.

The front left wheel is a VXR wheel which fits all VXR Vectras so would probably fetch about 100quid on ebay. The standard wheels are "Pentas" and are very sought after in Vauxhall circles so are worth mega coin aswell, they are at least worth what you paid for the car in the condition they are in because they are quite stylish IMO.

All the wheels are fucked, so probably worth about 50p. Amy will fuck them up even more anyway...

Get some tigerseal for the front bumper splitter and put it back on that way, cheap easy fix.

Was thinking take all the old gaffa tape off and replace it with new for now, then a scrappie bumper in time. Will any Zafira B facelift bumper fit, or is it SRI specific?

Looks like the 1.8 engine from the pics, probably the best engine for these, 140bhp IIRC so plenty powerful enough without the issues of the diesels or turbo petrols.

Yes, 1.8 140bhp pez, with a small oil leak. No record of a cambelt either, so although I imagine it's had one (they said it has, but no proof) it's cambelt roulette for a bit. Sounds spot on though, 140% less clattery than the meriva's engine

I think the colour is black sapphire so when cleaned, detarred, clayed, polished and a couple of coats of wax on will look superb because it's got flecks in the paint.

Yes. My stepdad had a few zafira B's as company cars a few years ago, and one of those was the same black. Can't wait to give the outside a clean!

Decent quality opcoms (they're all pretty much knock-offs on eBay) are the ones with the PIC microcontroller in them. The others are crap, as the Chinese have cut bits out to make them even cheaper. Quality knock-offs are £20 or so from a UK seller.

I have a Tech2 with Vauxhall software if you ever get stuck and in a pinch. I'm frequently travelling to Newbury, which isn't a million miles away from you. I know on Saabs, if you get a second hand part you need to know the VIN from the original car if it wasn't divorced originally. Most likely the same on Vauxhalls.

A quick eBay search comes up with quite a lot of second hand seat belt buckles. You may never know too, a Vauxhall dealer may not be too unreasonable for a proper replacement. Does this have cubbyholes under the mats/on the floor like the Scenic? Just wondering if the plastic might have been out there.

I'll need something to make it think there's no headunit apparently, not looked too much into it yet though. No divorcing/marrying as I won't put a standard vauxhall unit back in.

No under floor cubby holes sadly, and the last belt buckle cover is missing. We have an ASM up the road, might pay them a visit when I have some money and ask about the bumper and other little tiny bits of trim it needs here and there.

That's a right bargain, well  bought chief. I reckon those alooys would get most of your outlay back on their own.

Nah m8, the alloys are fucked. When I get round to the 2 bucket wrongun photo's, I'll show them! I knew you would be impressed with it's gimness though. 21 miles of pez in it, we have no money for anymore atm, the Meriva's sat there with 1/4 a tank in and yet Amy's got the child seat in the Zafira now for a 12 mile trip tomorrow.

Her sister says the miles remaining bit is pretty accurate, we shall see. Infact I have a few litres of pez in the can for the mower which I might lob in, before it sits outside all winter and goes shit. I want to drive it to work a few times before the MOT in feb, just to check it drives OK and what it might need/spank the tits off it for lolz

Looks like plod use them too, one of my hoover collector chums is a plod in London, and said "We have an unmarked Zafira at work identical to yours. God it's a pig to drive fast but it's literally the best car for catching criminals. They never see us coming lol"

Sneaky bastards, good point though, who would look out for a zafira?

Reading around, replacing the CD30 with ANYTHING else seems like a massive fucking ballache, so may look out for a cheap one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/parrot-mki9200-/222385812063?hash=item33c73a325f:g:Y1sAAOSw-0xYhOXQ and fit that, and have the JVC with lovely bluetooth for myself (since she will have no need for it)

From memory the 2 head unit and screen pairs you've linked to on eBay are no use because they're from a Vectra so won't work in the Astra or Zafira.

As for the front bumper, any facelift Zafira B one will fit, it's not SRi specific because the XP part is just a splitter bonded onto a standard bumper in the factory, even the non XP version of the SRi is the same as all Zafiras except the VXR, in theory you could just remove the front splitter and leave current bumper as is if it's just the splitter that's borked.

Ps new set of genuine Vauxhall mats can be had for about £18, they are a grey marl effect and not as nice as they ones in it currently would've been when new, but those are the "deluxe velour" which are about £40.

Washer pump may well be blocked rather than the fluid in it frozen, it happens a few times on my Astra H, you'll also be able to tell if the fuse for the washers has blown as the tailgate won't open either, for some odd reason both work off the same fuse.

Ah the tailgate opens fine, and none of the 3 fuses are blown. I hope it's not blocked, it looks like the whole scuttle has to come out, rather than just remove the jet with your keys... I'll still hope it's frozen for a while. Shame I brimmed it yesterday, a kettle of not quite boiled water would have sussed it.

Laying in bed last night I had a horrible thought that there's 0 chance of getting the front on my ramps without a large run up of paving slabs either...