ALL NU CARS R SHITE (1965) - NOW WID NU 2017 VIDEYO

The Reverend Bluejeans

Check out part 2 of this film from 1965 - a lot of the cars (Minis, Ford Classics) couldn't have been more than 6 years old............ :shock:

Lots of 10+ year old Ford, Vauxhall, Rootes and BMC chod though.

One from 1968......

I'm not suprised, my dad had a 1959 (I think)Vauxhall Victor F type estate in about 1962, it was a lovely blue and grey. He got rid of it (for an Austin Westminster in grey and red) because rust was appearing everywhere. Much, much later (1983) I had a V reg 1980 Mini 1275GT that I had both "A" panels and both sills replaced on because of rust. Say what you like, but modernz don't rust like that.

Pic of 1275GT in 1983

post-19512-0-30618200-1484513046_thumb.jpg

I'm not suprised, my dad had a 1959 (I think)Vauxhall Victor F type estate in about 1962, it was a lovely blue and grey. He got rid of it (for an Austin Westminster in grey and red) because rust was appearing everywhere. Much, much later (1983) I had a V reg 1980 Mini 1275GT that I had both "A" panels and both sills replaced on because of rust. Say what you like, but modernz don't rust like that.

Pic of 1275GT in 1983

Any Victor or Westy pictures?

Wonder if that was a proper two door Mark II Consul in the 1968 film? Did Ford ever make one?

Loads of Mark 1 Fords and a three window PA Cresta being bashed.

No Mk2 2 doors other than, as pointed out by Simmo, the convertible models. 

Can only be a modified saloon with maybe convertible or stretched doors.    Bangers, then as now, are highly resourceful! 

These are great and remind me of the days of "stock car" racing when drivers would trailer their cars to events and sleep and eat in the towcars which themselves often ended up on the track the following season.   There was a Standard van bombing round in that first clip, too.....

There's a while thread on rods n sods ruminating on the origin of that two door Consul. I think the general consensus is a convertible with a roof welded back on, but it looks a lovely job and a real shame it ended up like that - presumably the first DIY attempt at a two door mk2?

Most unusual sight here is the Skoda Octavia!

Wipers?  Lights?!   Have the rules changed in recent years?

Dunno, touring cars race with laminated screes, and plastic headlight lenses are okay. I thought the Citroen C5 and Rover 75 Tourer looked to have been driven there, 'prepared' with a hammer and raced. Looks like a lot of fun.

Sure beats dealing with penniless halfwits on the Facebook 'cars for under £200' page. 

'will u tek 40 m8'.

"I'd rather banger the fucker. In fact, I will".