After three years... 216SLi - 25/2 - behaving itself

Ghosty

Congrats on your four miles. Could be worth towing the bastard back to the swine who sold it to you, and giving them an uninterrupted monologue of your emotions. I guess they could argue that they only ever drove it on three mile round trips.

Edit: I see it's the Hodna engined version, so that'll be the problem. Looks tidy in the sale shots, mind.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C809029

Well the bottom of the rad is cold and the expansion tank is pressurising, check engine light comes on. Old Man generally knows what he's on about.

Seems it's been holed up a while, service book stamped to 50k (it's on 55) but said 50k was in 2008.

Flat paint on the roof, and I need two mirror glasses and some matching tyres (3 Goodyear Eagles with mismatched tread and a cheap one).

Has an airbag, didn't expect that.

Doesn't smell of smoke, the seller said it was 'heavily smoked in'.

Issues aside it's great. :grin:

That's bad news, I'd respectfully suggest a polite email or phone call later to tell him what happened. If he's got anything about him he might try and help out or something.

I was hoping to congratulate you for the successful purchase and collection of your first car, but it isn't looking too good so far.

But if you discount the breakdown, that is a pretty good first car. 1.6, fuel injection, wood trim, sunroof, Junkman approved gearbox; any 90s junior sales-rep would have bitten your arm off for that. Hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult to get sorted out and brought along to the next AS meet up.