Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Grumpy old man/pedant thread.Please feel free to add.

• Please log in to reply
60876 replies to this topic

#60871 ONLINE   M'coli

M'coli

• Full Members
  • 6,718 posts
  • LocationSemper semi somnus

Posted Today, 12:52 PM

Weld sparks in the ear are the reason I wear earplugs when welding!

#60872 ONLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 3,736 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted Today, 01:26 PM

Hell, not the Bentley? I must admit getting paint done on a car seems to automatically attract every scratch and car park ding going. Saw a ding on the n/s front yesterday that definitely wasn't there before. Must have been a car door.
  • Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#60873 ONLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 2,536 posts

Posted Today, 01:29 PM

Overtook someone in a Astra GTC thing just then - quiet road, good visibility, dry conditions. They were doing about 35mph in a 50

Cue horn blaring and light flashing

Stop at a junction further ahead where I'm turning right and wait for them to catch up to find out what's fallen off the Laguna this time

"What's the problem?"
"Bit dangerous overtaking innit? And you've got a brake light out"
"No traffic and I can see for miles, how is it dangerous?"
"You've got a brake light out"
"How does that make an overtake dangerous?"

FFS
  • Hooli likes this
2005 55 Laguna 2.2 dCi Initiale Auto
1998 R Rover 216 Cabriolet
1996 P VW Golf 1.8 Auto (ex sporty-shite)
2006 06 Fiat Panda 1.1 Active (bridge time?)
2003 53 Renault Trafic 1.9 dCi (206k miles, just about works)

#60874 OFFLINE   puddlethumper

puddlethumper

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted Today, 01:33 PM

On the way to Tesco this morning and nearly went into the side of some moron in a small red 65 plate thing. I don't know what it was coz anything new I don't have a clue. 

Urban dual carriage way with roundabouts. Me outside lane, her inside lane at roundabout. Instead of following her lane round she cuts straight into mine as I'm alongside her. I had to slam the brakes on and blast the horn after which she wobbled around and got back on her side of the road. Probably on a phone. Did feel like putting the corner of mine into the soft side of hers but didn't need the insurance hassle, especially as they put your insurance up even if its not your fault. 

It isn't the first time I've had that round here. Stupid, curse word for a woman.

I take it this happens elsewhere but round hear its nearly every effing day.

#60875 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted Today, 01:34 PM

Overtook someone in a Astra GTC thing just then - quiet road, good visibility, dry conditions. They were doing about 35mph in a 50

Cue horn blaring and light flashing

Stop at a junction further ahead where I'm turning right and wait for them to catch up to find out what's fallen off the Laguna this time

"What's the problem?"
"Bit dangerous overtaking innit? And you've got a brake light out"
"No traffic and I can see for miles, how is it dangerous?"
"How does that make an overtake dangerous?"

FFS

Had one of those friday. Loooooooooooong straight wide road so I went past some doddering fucknugget doing 40-45 in a 60. Lots of horn blasting & lights flashing etc before I was even alongside them. I had my parents in my car with me & my dad whos near 80 said 'what a moron, they shouldn't be driving' :)

FFS, fuck nuggets.

• hennabm and Kiltox like this

#60876 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted Today, 01:36 PM

On the way to Tesco this morning and nearly went into the side of some moron in a small red 65 plate thing. I don't know what it was coz anything new I don't have a clue. 

Urban dual carriage way with roundabouts. Me outside lane, her inside lane at roundabout. Instead of following her lane round she cuts straight into mine as I'm alongside her. I had to slam the brakes on and blast the horn after which she wobbled around and got back on her side of the road. Probably on a phone. Did feel like putting the corner of mine into the soft side of hers but didn't need the insurance hassle, especially as they put your insurance up even if its not your fault. 

It isn't the first time I've had that round here. Stupid, curse word for a woman.

I take it this happens elsewhere but round hear its nearly every effing day.

I've learnt to out brake them just in case, once your slightly in front even their limited brain power notices you there.

#60877 ONLINE   meshking

meshking

• Full Members
  • 634 posts
  • LocationBrooklands banking

Posted Today, 02:03 PM

I've learnt to out brake them just in case, once your slightly in front even their limited brain power notices you there.

Well, if you're in front then you've claimed the corner by racing rules so it's all good as far as I can see (and I'm sure* the police and insurance would back me up on that).

1974 Citroën 2cv

1995 Lotus Elan

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users