Honda Accord Coupe V6 - £250 Northants

Honey Badger

I'm home.

post-5492-0-61861500-1484984459_thumb.jpg

Obviously, it came home on a breakdown truck having simultaneously gone into limp mode, blown its turbo, lunched its gearbox, blown the headgasket, suffered a small engine fire, had a complete electrical meltdown and locked the handbrake on.

No, wait, the other thing. It was fine. Yes, that's it. Sorry, forgot, it's a Honda.

I must say, having driven numerous Hondas but never an Accord of any sort and especially not a posh V6 coupe, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Having done 240 miles in it though, I'd say that as far as this specific car goes it's pretty much absolutely spot-on bar the occasional bang into second gear and slightly warped front discs (it is an auto, after all). I really, really like it and couldn't really ask for a better motorway cruiser. It goes well, the engine is beautifully smooth and quiet but powerful with it, it's comfortable, spacious, very easy to drive, has heated seats and cruise control, looks good, the lot. It even feels new, I'd easily believe this one had 33k on the clock, not 133, nothing looks or feels the least bit worn or tired, inside or out.. Can't really fault it at all, it's stonking value for money. It's even been surprisingly economical, I filled it up in Wellingborough and it's still got just under half a tank left. Helps that it's doing around 3,000RPM at 80 so it's not working hard most of the time.

The issue with it, if indeed it's an issue at all, is the typical Honda-ishness of it; that's not a criticism, I like the way Hondas are designed, particularly the interiors, it just means I would rate this car as 'exceptionally competent' and say I like it. It means I wouldn't get out a big book of superlatives to describe the way it looks, drives or feels, I wouldn't fall in love with it or have any particularly strong opinions about anything it does. It's very emotionless and therefore like every other Honda I've owned. Highly recommended though, and it'll probably not break down. Shame about the chocolate gearboxes really and that, combined with low sales figures to start with, probably explains why I cannot think of the last time I actually saw another one.

Obviously goes without saying that Richie is yet another top bloke I've met through here, he picked me up from the station, took me to get petrol and pointed me in the right direction to get home. Highly recommended seller, would take car without paying again A+++++.

Episode Two: The Final County premieres tomorrow at 6AM.

Really enjoying this car . It's one of those quite fast cars that makes you drive slower . I find hondas comforting to drive anyway due to the familiarity but this one just relaxes me as I waft about .

Heated seats are lovely and a good stereo too .

One small issue - no dodgy cds in the multichanger - poor feedback incoming - dodgy seller - never but from again etc etc 😄😄😀

Really enjoying this car . It's one of those quite fast cars that makes you drive slower . I find hondas comforting to drive anyway due to the familiarity but this one just relaxes me as I waft about .

Heated seats are lovely and a good stereo too .

One small issue - no dodgy cds in the multichanger - poor feedback incoming - dodgy seller - never but from again etc etc

Ahh fukxsake, knew i forgot something, sorry Phill.

Though in fairness I'm saving you from The Cooper Temple Clause, the first 2 Coral albums and a green day CD which don't sound as nice as a Honda V6 at full pelt.

I know what you mean that you dont feel in a rush to go places in it, yet it's quite capable of pressing on when you put your foot down.

I'm missing this car this week, mainly due to the fact the Volvo dealers fucked up the order on the S90 and it got delivered with the wrong trim, so I'm walking to work this week.