Honda Accord Coupe V6 - £250 Northants

Honey Badger

So with the new Volvo being picked up on the 20th Jan my Accord coupe is now surplus to requirements. This is an issue as I'm rather shit at compiling for sale ads

I've owned it since late September 2013 and it's been pretty trouble free since then, it comfortable, relatively quick for a big car and it's a car I always look forward to driving. I really really like this car but we have spent a fair wedge on the Lexus RX300 hand me down I'm getting (cam belt, water pump and Transmission service) so I'm going to keep that for a bit to get some use out of the money I've spent on it so the Honda has to go.

MOT history is pretty good since I've owned it, it always gets praise for being practically rust free underneath and has sailed through every test since I've owned it, apart from the hot start issue that has been sorted now it's never let me down once. Most pics are not recent but the condition of the car is still the same, no new ones as it's too fooking cold and wet to go outside at the moment.

It gets an oil change and service every year with the MOT from the mechanic I use in Kettering, last one was May 2016 and shes covered about 3k since then.

MOT until June 4th 2017

It's an ES so it came with as standard

• Climate Control
  • Cruise control
  • Heated seats
  • Delightfully 90s dark grey rouched leather interior with electric drivers adjustment
  • Headlamp washers
  • Decent sized boot with an actual OEM Honda cargo net which it still has.
  • Tilt and slide sunroof, was working last time i used it.

Good points

• Everything works, no french electrics here.
  • Original Honda Clarion stereo with 6 disc changer, will come with a selection of CD's musicmagpie wouldn't take quality cds included.
  • Brake fluid has been changed in the last couple of years and the calipers have been cleaned up front and back.
  • Main fuel Relay has been replaced this year, no more hot start issue for the next owner
  • Osram night breakers have been fitted
  • New battery last year, Honda OEM as it was cheaper than an aftermarket one.
  • Decent set of Bridgestone A001 tryes fitted 10k ago, should be good for a few thousand miles yet.
  • Inline ATF filter fitted to keep the crap out of the gearbox, fitted about 4k ago so should be good for another 14k.
  • Paint still looks good, looks like both sides have been resprayed at some point to a good standard.
  • ATF was changed in March 2014, 3 drop and fills. Honda DW1 used.
  • Worlds easiest oil change, oil filter is accessible through the drivers side wheel arch, you dont even have to jack the car up.
  • It comes with foot-well mats with a V6 decal. V.classy.
  • It has a spoiler, with a light in it. Which makes it cool.
  • 5 Spoke alloys of win.

Bad points

• Cambelt roulette is ongoing, last change was 8 years ago and now getting on for 65k. If you can do it yourself it might be worth it but if you pay someone it can be about £400. Intervals are 7 years and 70k by the book.
  • Gearbox is clunky going into 2nd and it does slip slightly first thing in the morning on the first change occasionally, once it's warm it's fine but this isn't something your going to cure with a ATF flush. Kicks down into 2nd fine without slipping mind when your pressing on. This is a common fault with the V6 gearbox and eventually kills them all.
  • Drivers seat bolster splitting at the seam.
  • if you brake hard from 70 you get a bit of vibration through the steering wheel but at normal speeds you dont feel anything, however presume it might need pads or something soon.
  • Epic thirst for Pez I get about 21 mpg pottering to work and back every day, this kind of points to possible Torque converter borkage.
  • Front bumper has some star cracking, and there are a few dings and dents over her (especially over passenger door)
  • A/C isn't freezing cold and there a bit of noise from the compressor clutch.

So yeah I'm aware I've made her sound a shed but she drives well and is a solid old girl, I've tried to be as honest as possible and probably painted the car in a very bad light, but I'd rather be painfully honest, anyway time for mot history and pics.

DSC_00401_zps23b20da3.jpg

if you look below the swage line on the door you can see some wee dents

Drivers side

DSC_0191_zpszn287xgv.jpg

Picture of shapely rear end, looks like an NSX from about 2 miles away if you forget your glasses.

cars29-9-13071_zps45fb7381.jpg

Honda face with gold badges, which is a £500 option when new.....

003_zpsc3676ff8.jpg

Behold the sea of grey

cars29-9-13077_zpsc650ae35.jpg

Floor mats of win

DSC_00421_zps2db44751.jpg

So for this fine steed I would like £250, or I could raffle for a £5 a ticket and give DaveNumbers a £50 donation towards the running of the forum.

Form an orderly cue.........

MOT history, Tester got the milage slightly* wrong at the last test, it's 133k on the clock at the moment.

Check the MOT history of a vehicle
Registration number: V513FLE

• Vehicle makeHONDA
  • Vehicle modelACCORD
  • Date first used2 September 1999
  • Fuel typePetrol
  • ColourSilver

MOT history of this vehicle
  • Test date18 May 2016
  • Expiry date3 June 2017
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading601,337 miles
  • MOT test number8597 1525 8590
  • Test date13 May 2015
  • Expiry date3 June 2016
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading128,178 miles
  • MOT test number6671 1353 5164
  • Test date4 June 2014
  • Expiry date3 June 2015
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading123,958 miles
  • MOT test number7482 7595 4195
  • Test date27 September 2013
  • Expiry date26 September 2014
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading119,438 miles
  • MOT test number6074 8067 3285
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    Nearside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
  • Test date27 September 2013
  • Test ResultFail
  • Odometer reading119,438 miles
  • MOT test number3765 9047 3293
  • Reason(s) for failure
    Nearside Front Headlamp aim too high (1. 8)
    Nearside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
  • Test date25 October 2012
  • Expiry date27 October 2013
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading104,520 miles
  • MOT test number6054 3979 2292
  • Test date28 October 2011
  • Expiry date27 October 2012
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading91,727 miles
  • MOT test number2261 8100 1339
  • Test date28 October 2010
  • Test ResultFail
  • Odometer reading84,718 miles
  • MOT test number6820 2140 0362
  • Reason(s) for failure
    Offside Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2)
    Nearside Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2)
  • Test date28 October 2010
  • Expiry date27 October 2011
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading84,718 miles
  • MOT test number2736 8100 0335
  • Test date6 October 2009
  • Expiry date19 October 2010
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading83,142 miles
  • MOT test number7834 8987 9207
    small cut in near-side front outer tyre wall
  • Test date20 October 2008
  • Expiry date19 October 2009
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading80,794 miles
  • MOT test number3245 5499 8469
  • Test date17 October 2007
  • Expiry date16 October 2008
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading77,474 miles
  • MOT test number7703 4099 7204
  • Test date14 September 2006
  • Expiry date13 September 2007
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading73,854 miles
  • MOT test number1935 6725 6222

Ah crap, that looks really nice but I am supposed to be thinning the fleet.

Edit: will have to pull out of raffle before it begins :-( just heard I have lost my storage so need to find a new home for a project so can't even think of risking acquiring another. Bugger bugger bugger.

Don't suppose anyone fancies a waft to cornwall in that lovelyness?

Hectic at home so haven't the time to collect really but really like those .

Unfortunately I can't hang onto to it until my annual pilgrimage down to Porthleven in May!

I could go and get it next weekend for you if you can cover the travel costs.

The only day that isn't suitable is the 20th as I've got the giffer in law to take to hospital in the morning and domestic management to take to MK to pick up the new car in the afternoon, Evening would be fine. I can pick people up from train/bus stations, closest one is Wellingborough for the St Pancras from that London line or Northampton coming in from Birmingham for the south. I could let it go this weekend as I can borrow a car to get to work next week if it's more convenient to anyone who wants to buy it.

I've driven the coupe down to Porthleven twice and it's pissed it both times including sitting on the M5 by Bristol for an hour in traffic, the engine really is a peach, a peach that makes a very addictive noise when given some beans, which I do, a lot. The gear box works better when the engine revs are higher as well it's a win, win situation.

It managed 28MPG on the last trip down and it's a 60 litre tank, bring pez money, lots of pez money.

I've got to say thats a good, honest ad.  Nice car too.

Thanks, one of the first cars I brought was a Fiesta Dizzler that had so many well hidden faults I may as well have burned £500 and saved myself the hassle, I'll never knowingly let someone else be in the position I ended up in so I'd rather be brutally honest and lose a sale than try to hide a fault.

I've just remembered that there is a slightly dog eared sales brochure for it in the glove box as well.

Comes down the cost of the trains I suppose phill ?

Would you be able to price it up roughly as you know when you could / would like to travel .

I've got a feeling it's going to make it a bit expensive for a car I have no need ( but lots of want ) for

I'll check some train ticket prices and get back to you.

I assume the nearest station is Kettering?

I'll check some train ticket prices and get back to you.

I assume the nearest station is Kettering?

I live in Wellingborough, so thats the nearest station on the East midlands line from St Pancras.

If your coming up the west coast then it's Northampton train station which is about 20 min away, but I'm happy to pop along and pick you up, just not on the 21st as I'm at the hospital all day now (got the date wrong earlier).

Ill have this subject to Phill being very kind in picking it up for me.

Good news, I didnt expect it to sell so quickly!