Now sold, 2013 Peugeot Boxer rolling shell

catsinthewelder

Would anybody be interested in a big modern van as a project? The oil pump went bang within miles of hitting 100k a few months ago and since we have found that the bottom end is fucked we have borrowed the alternator and gearbox to fix other vans. It could earn someone a few quid to fix with scrapyard bits or possibly be converted to battery power. Offers around £2k. (Worth about £7k running) I know we should just fix it but there is a serious lack of competent mechanics around here and we've got decidedly fed up with broken vans.

I've put this on the open forums as its not Shite yet. Also for sale is a Citroen Relay if anyone is after a 13 plate vehicle.

I'll move this over to the main board, Rich. Should get more attention on there and unless we get loads of complaints, I can't see why you shouldn't advertise on there.

Did it originally have the DV6 engine or the DW12? 

The 4HY/HW/HX engines are pretty interchangeable without any pissing about apart from the fuel pump ECU  - you need the matched pair - though you can bypass the immobiliser if you know how.

I know some of the Boxer range were fitted with the Iveco 34N 2.8 diesel - if this then fucked if I know - Im gaining my knowledge from the fact that the bulk of Relay / Boxer / Ducato running gear is interchangeable with the EV2 vehicles

Got a quote from someone with a 2016 one on eBay who said £3250+VAT for engine and box, so it's still a cheap van for someone..

That's the sort of prices I was getting,

£3900 for engine and box,

Plus two for van so you then have a jicksaw of bits standing you at six grand and that's not counting service items and sundries that may be missing from the engine combo,

Take into account the time involved and if it's only worth £7 k as op suggests well would it not be easier buying a 7k one from a garage with warranty,

It's the same with damaged cars these days very hard to make any money from them.

Would it not be more cost effective to just park it up and use it as a spares van to keep others going.

But someone can probably buy the mechanicals cheaper again, and it's a ladder to a decent motor for someone who hasn't got 7 or 8 grand up front. Nobody who buys it is going to be naïve, it's still a good deal for someone. GLWST, Cats.

But someone can probably buy the mechanicals cheaper again, and it's a ladder to a decent motor for someone who hasn't got 7 or 8 grand up front. Nobody who buys it is going to be naïve, it's still a good deal for someone. GLWST, Cats.

But will someone who hasn't got 7 or 8 grand upfront have 6 grand already to buy a Jigsaw,

Anyway I'm not criticizing the van or price my point is that as a money maker it's not gonna be a big payday unless a breaker or someone who has a damaged one already buys it.

It's a cheep van for someone who wants it for themselves as a project and it will sell pretty easily after all it's only four years old.

Thanks for moving it across Billy, as you say it could be an earner for someone in the trade who can get the bits for sensible prices and has the gear to do it themselves. Reg is CE13CKL if anyone wants to check it out.

We were hoping to fix it but quotes to replace the engine were silly high considering it is due to retire from the fleet. Other bits were pinched as known good parts to get other vans back into service. These 6 speed boxes seem to be strong, the 5 speeds fitted to earlier vans were a bit feeble. Our box broke after a crash put a hole in it and all the oil drained out.

We are updating the fleet so this one is of limited use for parts now.

Edit

The Vivaro is now sold.

It has now sold

There is also a 1.6 tdci Focus business edition on a 62 plate with about 78k up for £5100. This one still feels like a new car and the engine has only done 40k.

The battered Relay is currently my daily drive as the MOT has lapsed on the Astra and we can't rent it out in this state.