Cavcraft 2017: Another day, ANOTHER Rover!

Cavcraft

I'll be back in a fortnight or so.

On my return, some serious spannering and fleet reduction needs to happen, so we'll have to wait a while before taking any more on.

I've even acquired one while I've been away! It will need liquidising forthwith.

post-1381-0-23920000-1485685972_thumb.jpg

All I know if it is this picture and the fact it's a TDi.

Anyone?

I know it'll shift no bother at the right price.

Soz for the hi-jack Billy!

The last owner said the Zafira wouldn't start twice as the battery was flat. It was fine when I went to try it, fine when I went to buy it and on the way home, and has been fine since. I did ask if he'd left something on, but he muttered something about the battery having been tested and it was 'about 12V; or something like that.

It's not quick, especially in first and second, but it seems ace on fuel. Talking of which, there's £40's worth in it, so I'm just ignoring my trader mate who wants to buy it until I've used some more of that lovely free fuel up.

It Collection) hasn't happened yet!

Meanwhile, does anyone know what year onwards I'll need to find an engine to suit a 2008 Fiesta 1.25 petrol, please? I know someone on here said the earlier (sort of 1998 ones) would fit but are the wrong BHP, so if anyone knows what the earliest year of this engine is that would suit my car, please let me know. It's just I'd rather buy a complete running car, than just an engine from a breaker's.

Thanks, Ghosty, I reckon that makes sense as they should be the same. If the older one drops straight in though I'll be happy as one of them will be pennies, even if it means losing some horses.

I bet if you get one from a mk5 then it'd physically fit but you'd have all kinds of nightmares with pipes and sensors not quite fitting etc etc, I'd deffo try and get one from at least the same "shape" fiesta

I remember when I bought an engine for my Lupo years ago - I got one from a Golf, it even had the same engine code FFS.

Looked identical until I'd took my old engine out and was trying to put the gearbox on and realised the block had the casting for the starter motor on the other side.

If you end up buying a damaged/shite donor fiesta of the same shape as yours Billy I'd throw a few quid in the pot for some of the parts off it

Will do, chief.

Think I've found an engine locally for £90, so it could be goer if we can be arsed doing it!

• 3 weeks later...