Cavcraft 2017: Another day, ANOTHER Rover!

Cavcraft

Who's quoted that Billy? Very cheap indeed.

Mate of a mate. The kits are sub £300 these days, and he probably gets them cheaper again. He gets good reviews for the work he does, so I'm hoping he'll be honest enough to say if i's just the clutch and not the DMF. That said, (if I have it done) it's probably not worth ignoring the DMF if it looks even remotely worn. 

Well, there's no point in not buying a car, or something like that. Took my trusty Italian steed, rode two miles and after some arsing about, I now own this..

honda newtonb.jpg

honda newtown 17 04 2017a.jpg

honda newtown c.jpg

honda newtownc.jpg

Obvs. like it repaid my efforts to get it started (stood a while, battery flat) by making it's IACV go all winky wanky woo. It's on differently abled tax, so a trip to the P.O is in order this week. It's a 2.0 pez automatic.

Picked this up a couple of hours ago. The IACV needs cleaning, so the hunting in N and P is bloody annoying. Put a neatly new battery on, then jet washed it in the dark to get rid of accumulated moss etc. Driver's seat is electric! Driver's window doesn't make it quite to the top. £500 spent after last MOT...

hondac.jpg

IMG_1564.JPG
IMG_1556.JPG
IMG_1567.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG

Bottled out of driving to work as although taxed an insured, neither were showing on the database this morning. In fact, the tax still isn't showing on the govt. web site now.

Bottled out of driving to work as although taxed an insured, neither were showing on the database this morning. In fact, the tax still isn't showing on the govt. web site now.

Ingrates. This is a high quality vehicle and you've paid to use it on the Queen's. 

Aye - I'd have copies of the confirmation emails to hand if it was me, and just go for it. Would have with my R8 if it wasn't for a)it taxing instantly and B) it shitting itself on the way home.

Also, I like that a lot (I may have considerable bias towards automatic Hondas).

I had the receipt from the P.O (had to tax it there to change from disabled to PLG) but it was the insurance that's the potential fly in the ointment. Anyhow, it's all up there now so I whanged to work in it today like a boss, it's ace to drive but that hunting is horrible.

Picked this up a couple of hours ago. The IACV needs cleaning, so the hunting in N and P is bloody annoying. Put a neatly new battery on, then jet washed it in the dark to get rid of accumulated moss etc. Driver's seat is electric! Driver's window doesn't make it quite to the top. £500 spent after last MOT...

Wang some silicone lube in the runners for the windows, my coupe used to struggle to close the windows unless occasional lube was applied. 

It will waft you about in relative comfort once the IACV is sorted, not a quick car unless it's got a V6 but it will keep up with traffic. Plus the Spoiler makes it 95.4% cooler than a coupe without one, which puts it on a par with owning a 1997 Kia Sportage in the style stakes. 

(only on Autoshite would this be a good thing......)

Today I went to help my lad paint his house and ended up buying a car, as you do. Bold claims sticker is bold.

.17991013_1677099425919340_81084462391372

DOG APPROVAL RATING: SAUSAGES.

.18057059_1677099422586007_46387051737185

Those wheels have to go, I'll swap them for the ones on my other Vectra, then sell that.

*Edit: tape to 'hide' the bulb out warning light.

I had a Saab-badged one of those and it didn't half go. Easily remappable to 190bhp, apparently, whereupon 150mph is alleged to be possible with a long enough run-up.

Bonus pikey number plate too.

Still going strong as well Wuvvum. Has behaved very well so far only needing two upper control arms on the rear, two callipers and a couple of tyres for its test. It's always one big bill away from the scrapyard but the DMF is holding fine and barely ever makes a noise.