Cavcraft 2017: Another day, ANOTHER Rover!

Cavcraft

Oh yes. Not sure (as haven't checked yet) but think it's the 120, rather than 150. There's a creak when steering, hoping that's just a broken spring. Spare set of (17") SRi alloys came with, but the treads are shot or they'd have gone onto the 150 hatch and I'd have kep the horrible ones on the estate for spares as they have new tyres.

That's a weird sticker - anyone know why it would have such a thing?

Vectra estates are handy things when they work - got to be getting on for the biggest available estate boot

RE the sticker, ex-plod maybe?

Perhaps a warning when sold off that it has gun cabinets that are normally only fitted to Elite trim, despite being a Design or whatever?

Going to hazard a guess here at it being like most Vectras, ex daily rental/fleet cars, which if anything like the "Energy" spec one my old man had from 7 months old had a graphic info display with multi function trip computer and warning messages and check control with buttons on the wiper stalk which was never even an option on the Energy spec, but all the ones in that batch supplied to the fleet hire company had them, no other ones did, they just had the basic TID display. Also none of the ones in that batch even had a 12v socket next to the ashtray, some Vectras had the cig lighter, others the 12v under the flap, this just a blanking plate but you still got 2 Ashtrays weirdly.

And...the 406 has moved on. I'll miss that car, it's been brilliant and pulled me out of all kinds of trouble. It's jump started other cars, towed them back and hauled my fat arse all over the shop without complaint. 

Just checked on the MOT thing online and the 406 went straight through a test this morning with no advisories. I sold it to a local trader who needed a motor with a tow bar for a couple of weeks, I bet he's a happy bunny now!

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon so, you can usually tell by the amount of people offering the 'best price' for scrappers. I weighed some odd bits of metal (old hospital type beds) the other day and got £38 or something.

All legit, was asked to clear them from a special needs school.

*Edit: scrap less than I thought, been offered £115 :(

Anyhow, drove the Focus home before. Impressive sweep at rear seat roulette, I marked it down five points for not having a single item of cutlery, and lost two more for it only having a pen, not a crayon. Late points save though due to the amount of McDonald's chips, some Lego and a couple of broken Happy Meal toys. Pretty impressive haul of £3.18 in sticky money too...

IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG