Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cavcraft 2017, now with 5 bits missing

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 ONLINE   meowdchina

meowdchina

• Full Members
  • 773 posts
  • LocationStoke on Trent then Rugeley then Lancaster then China then Nurnberg then Massachusetts now California

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

The Guangzhou ToxicWasteStream Teabag Honourable Son of Soldier 125 scooter has gone this morning, thank fuck.

Ahh ...Guangzhou (pronounced "gwonjoe"). It's very difficult to think of a filthier, litter strewn, stinking, air polluted shit hole that is Guangzhou..............happy memories.......but mostly not.

Not quite the end of the Earth but
you can just about see it from here.

#32 ONLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 31,609 posts
  • LocationI'm not a racist, I'm merely supporting my country! and central locking

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

It's very difficult to think of a filthier, litter strewn, stinking, air polluted shit hole that is Guangzhou

rhyl-pan.jpg

• catsinthewelder and DeeJay like this

"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#33 ONLINE   meowdchina

meowdchina

• Full Members
  • 773 posts
  • LocationStoke on Trent then Rugeley then Lancaster then China then Nurnberg then Massachusetts now California

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:02 PM

Lols............but Rhyl is a paradise by comparison.

#34 ONLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 31,609 posts
  • LocationI'm not a racist, I'm merely supporting my country! and central locking

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

Going through the history, interesting reading includes:

2009 New alternator (inc. fitting) £448.50

2010 Supply/replace o/s/f window assembly £276.09.

"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain"

#35 OFFLINE   Station

Station

• Full Members
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

In the end my son followed me home so was the only person lucky enough to have seen that message. Less fortunate were the queues of traffic behind him, but hey ho.

IMG_4161.JPG
  • Pillock, wuvvum, Twiggy and 20 others like this

#36 ONLINE   anonymous user

anonymous user

• Full Members
  • 3,539 posts
  • LocationAbject Poverty

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

It's very difficult to think of a filthier, litter strewn, stinking, air polluted shit hole that is Guangzhou............but Rhyl is a paradise by comparison.

Have you thought of contacting Denbighshire Council, I'm sure their tourism officer would love to use that line in the promotional material.

• meowdchina, catsinthewelder, richardmorris and 1 other like this

#37 OFFLINE   Jams

Jams

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

Lols............but Rhyl is a paradise by comparison.

Wow wow wow calm down with that talk sir
  • Cavcraft likes this

#38 ONLINE   meowdchina

meowdchina

• Full Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

Have you thought of contacting Denbighshire Council, I'm sure their tourism officer would love to use that line in the promotional material.

LoL, They're welcome to it, however it might backfire if people go to Guangzhou instead just to confirm that there is a place worse than Rhyl..........could be a close competition mind.

#39 ONLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 31,609 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

There's been another addition to the fleet today, thanks to one of our gang. There is due to be two more as well, but one's been delayed until tomorrow or another time and the other I'm not 100% about yet. Next job is syphoning some of the juice out of the Megane.

#40 ONLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 31,609 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:06 PM

Bit of a double whammy here:

IMG_0405.JPG

(There was an alleged £40's worth of diesel in it, so getting a fair bit out for the van and the 406)

Also the 'gearbox might be knackered' is just the linkages. The bushes have worn where they pop on the knuckles, one is worse than the other. Don't know what sort of a job they are to do just yet, hopefully not too hard.
  • KruJoe and Hooli like this

#41 OFFLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 3,529 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:41 PM

We used to go to Rhyl for the day when I was little (1970s). The last time I think had a plague of ladybirds- billions of the things- in clothes, hair and sandwiches!

The sand had a greeny grey slime and if the tide was out the water was so far away you couldn't even see it. Also th donkeys left their business everywhere.
  • Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#42 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

Why do people go abroad for holidays anyway?

#43 ONLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 31,609 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

Because of Rhyl?
  • Pillock, KruJoe, anonymous user and 4 others like this

#44 ONLINE   For Fiats Sake

For Fiats Sake

• Full Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

But GunHo (whatevah) won't have a "clock tower carpark" where in the 70's/80's you could get groped on stage by a radio 1 DJ!

#45 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 2,360 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

If that Megane is only linkages, its worth fixing.

Why?

Well its the 1.5DCI. So that means £30 p/a road tax and easy >60mpg.
  • 2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner.
  • 2005 Renault Laguna V6 Initiale - The surprising reliable runner and wolf in sheep's clothing.
  • 2005 Saab 9-5 Vector - The [gearbox] banger.

#46 ONLINE   Cavcraft

Cavcraft

• Staff
  • 31,609 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

If that Megane is only linkages, its worth fixing.

Why?

Well its the 1.5DCI. So that means £30 p/a road tax and easy >60mpg.

Yep, cheap tax ahoy. We're planning on fixing it, had offers circa £30-£150 from scrap men. I'll admit the latter was tempting initially, but it's probably too good (ha!) for that fate. I'll get the felt pen/nail varnish out on the scratches and take it from there, must be worth three and a half ton all day long with linkages done, and a bit more on top if tarted up.

#47 ONLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 2,360 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

Yeah, they'll probably be wanting the injectors and fuel pump. Constant demand for these.

No DPF on these either.

They are very agricultural sounding for a modern common rail diesel though. But that is the compromise for OMGMPG.
  • 2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner.
  • 2005 Renault Laguna V6 Initiale - The surprising reliable runner and wolf in sheep's clothing.
  • 2005 Saab 9-5 Vector - The [gearbox] banger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users