Cavcraft 2017: Another day, ANOTHER Rover!

Cavcraft

Nope, it's still fucking grim, even after a wash.

I have a strange liking for these. They drive better than a Vectra C I reckon, and go like poo off a spade for what they are. That one has cruise control too - although mine's a posher model, being pre-2003 it misses out.

I thought the earlier ones had cruise on high models and later ones had them from 04 on. my dad's lx has cruise and there's a y plated ghia nearby owned by a chap I know what has cruise too. Optional maybe then?

Sacked it off, scrappy came for it today.

Meanwhile I think I've advertised the Sinnis 125 too cheap, so I'm going to stick it in for an MOT. 

99% of the time I listen to my instincts when I buy a car, for some reason this time I didn't. Got a bad vibe off this car so it had to go.

Sadly, there wasn't really any diesel to rob out of it first either.

Not too far away this one, so whanged down in the van, paid, went home, waited for rain to stop and walked back with the mobile cloud.

ollieka.jpg

Fared quite well for one of these, at the moment the only noticeable thing is a broken spring, which seem quite common.

*Edit: also put the Sinnis 125 in for an MOT and spending £150 on it :(

I thought the earlier ones had cruise on high models and later ones had them from 04 on. my dad's lx has cruise and there's a y plated ghia nearby owned by a chap I know what has cruise too. Optional maybe then?

Mine's an 02-plate Ghia and doesn't have it.  The 53-plate Zetec I had before did - I think it became standard fitment for the 2004 model year.

Where's the rust? That's not a real Ka!

Well bought, though! The last Ka I saw was metallic purple, had a hole directly under the filler cap you could see the road through, and it was being driven by Tayne, as it was a 'courtesy' car from a body repair place who were tidying up some scratches on his bimmer.

Not on diesels . I looked at it when i bought smellypoos one. Apparently diesels didn't have the right controls, so therefore couldn't be retrofitted.

How is buz getting on mate? He is missed by the whole family!

It's just sat there unused, with a puncture on the o/s/r tyre I think :(  It's really not getting the use that it should, so I'll be raffling or selling it very shortly.

You have mail, Jams.

Meanwhile, in an attempt to prove you cannot win 'em all, here's half a job I abandoned earlier...

17424836_1661391564156793_54790164363537

17264883_1661391567490126_87529526344392

I was trying to help a neighbour and also a scrapyard owning mate, but it was too much hassle in the end. The car needs to be gone by 7.00am tomorrow, he can't collect until Tuesday as he's so busy and I can't keep it for him.

I think my jump leads are knackered, so it wouldn't fire up.

17426239_1662762004019749_38135656187835

17457706_1662761997353083_64296491970300

Despite the playing-havoc-with-my-OCD headlight, this now has 12 months MOT. I broke the last mirror head off getting it out of the van, but unbelievably there's some budget ones for £4.99 (a pair, inc. postage!) on an internet auction site.

That's not a bad looking wee motorbike. May I respectfully suggest that you remove the top box when you're taking the For Sale photos: they always make bikes look a bit frumpy, IMHO.

Not as frumpy as my CBR600F looked with a bag of coal bungee'd on the seat, mind.

May I respectfully suggest that you remove the top box when you're taking the For Sale photos: they always make bikes look a bit frumpy, IMHO.

But the Sinnis is meant to be frumpy; it's an honest, hard-working little feller whose rider will care naught for such considerations.

I genuinely hope it finds a good home and slogs on for years, covered in road shit and surface rust.

Bike is going on eBay or Autotrader this week coming, is the latter any good for this sort of bike?

More money spent and a few hours titing about, and the Mini 'manicat' is now on thanks to the sterling efforts of my lad and a lot of effort.

Bike is going on eBay or Autotrader this week coming, is the latter any good for this sort of bike?

Bumtree and eBay will be the more successful mediums for this type of bike as thats where most people wanting a cheap commuter go shopping - there are a couple of facebollocks groups too that may draw some interest ( though from personal experience its more likely to be "can you deliver to the moon M8" and "how much for cash 2nite M8" responses).