Cavcraft 2017: Another day, ANOTHER Rover!

Cavcraft

Ok, so it's two-kay-seven-teen, muthaflipperz let's get the year rolling with something very dull and very horrible. Sorry it's a shit modern one, but we have to start the year somewhere, and somehow

fezlyf.jpg

fezlyd.jpg

Didn't quite get the full sweep at SHITHOUSE BINGO as I'm afraid to report the lack of cutlery, McDonald's toy or the odd loose fry. Sterling effort on the sweets, sticky coins and pencils count though

fezlye.jpg

Nice present on the n/s/r wheel arch

fezlyc.jpg

Oh, three wheel trims and one cylinder missing in action. Suspect a valve seat is knack'd, or possibly something worse, no sign of head gasket failure. Driving it home was erm 'fairly entertaining' but it got back ok. Clearly, to be in this state, it's a really old car...

fezly.jpg

fezlya.jpg

:shock:

BRB, off to message some trader mates.

Don't these do that hilarious thing where washer fluid trickles into a spark plug well and causes a misfire and/or welds the plug into the head?

My lad read there was some sort of common fault with them, but the plugs do come out/go back in ok. The girl who had it had four kids and a springer spaniel, so no wonder it looks like it does. To be fair she was lovely and not the usual chav you expect when you see things like this. 

Mrs crab has a 54-plate 5-door one of these in metallic blue. Its dead tidy and has a recent cambelt and whatnot, she bought it from a main dealer 3.5 years ago I think. Maybe has 40k miles on. Think its a 1400cc pez, although its as slow as a real-life bastard. Fairly basic (eg no remote locking) Looks identical to the one below. What do you think it would sell for if we got rid and put the money towards a Landcrab or something instead?

s-l1600.jpg

I agree with Kiltox,  B0L. It's worth that/there about all day long, the only 'fight' you'll have is from the special ones who will try and bid you down because they've seen a hopelessly bad 2009 one go on eBay for £800, or something.

Anyone serious who really does want a small, tidy low mileage car will snatch if up I reckon.

This one was dirt cheap to be fair, in fact we've had a few pretty well priced 'modern' cars recently, inc. the Tigra, the 2010 Corsa and this one.

To be fair that doesn't look too minging for an oldish small car that's been used for carting kids and dogs around in, especially at this time of year.

You're hardly going to polish the flippin dash if it's started running like shite and you've decided to offload it cheap ffs.

If I go to town and clean Mrs_WoC's Golf inside and out it looks nearly as bad as that about five minuites after the kids go anywhere near it.

Mrs crab has a 54-plate 5-door one of these in metallic blue. Its dead tidy and has a recent cambelt and whatnot, she bought it from a main dealer 3.5 years ago I think. Maybe has 40k miles on. Think its a 1400cc pez, although its as slow as a real-life bastard. Fairly basic (eg no remote locking) Looks identical to the one below. What do you think it would sell for if we got rid and put the money towards a Landcrab or something instead?

Worth good money to someone who realises the value of a cambelt change, when I was trying to buy one the amount of people that were telling me it only needs to be done when it reaches a 100K and not understanding it was 100K OR 10 years really started to piss me off.

'As if I'd ever have a Renault diesel again'

IMG_0373.JPG

Gone up a notch here, from four missing things on the Fiesta, this has five.
Namely 2nd, 3rd, 4th 5th and reverse gears. They said all of them had gone, but 'a local garage looked at it, said it wasn't the cables and now 1st gear works'
Bottled out of school finishing time rush hour drive home, going back later or tomorrow when roads a bit quieter.

Time waits for no man, neither does a little fib:

IMG_0377.JPG

In the end my son followed me home so was the only person lucky enough to have seen that message. Less fortunate were the queues of traffic behind him, but hey ho.

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

Trying it out before we left meant it's now jammed in first, so I held the clutch in at junctions, then when coasted it where possible. Except the bit where I forgot it was in gear and nearly kangarooed into a Mondeo.

At the moment we're still fairly hopeful it's the linkages or something, if the worse comes to the worse, the tyres (215-45-17s, or something like that) are all pretty new even if they are Khmer Rouge Spindlewinks.